• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Why did the headlight buckets come out shinny than the rest of the truck or is it just the light playing tricks!

zout

the reason they get Polyurethane paint which is by nature glossy - to go semi gloss or down to flat is because how much talc they add to it to flatten it - that is why semi and flat look white.

If you had noticed and did not bring it up - YES the gallon of non military grade 24052 and just polyurethane 24052 is darker and on the brown side - so that leave me with deciding to repaint the rest already done first.

It was a matter of I would have had to purchase a full box of 4 military grade 24052 from SW - and I just did not have the extra funds with needing to buy the paint for the background and red. One dealer wanted $1136.00 and my dealer worked me out a good price on non mil mixes.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
the reason they get Polyurethane paint which is by nature glossy - to go semi gloss or down to flat is because how much talc they add to it to flatten it - that is why semi and flat look white.

If you had noticed and did not bring it up - YES the gallon of non military grade 24052 and just polyurethane 24052 is darker and on the brown side - so that leave me with deciding to repaint the rest already done first.

It was a matter of I would have had to purchase a full box of 4 military grade 24052 from SW - and I just did not have the extra funds with needing to buy the paint for the background and red. One dealer wanted $1136.00 and my dealer worked me out a good price on non mil mixes.
Holy Bat Farkelman!!! Where the f**k are you buying your paint??:?

Carquest here will mix just about anything for us for about 100 bucks a gallon!

onegmjack

Zout shes shaping up pretty well.I can tell by your work you are not a quiter,just did not want you to end the post on the build.

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

Awesome job Zout! Now you can sit in the seat and go vroom vroom! If you cover up the hole no one wil think you are crazy. LOL

Don't know whats going on down there, but my at&t yahoo is working fine. I hope they fix yours soon, I need my pix fix!

zout

Now there really is another gapping hole in the rear end as well that was close to getting done. Fuel tank was in my car that was stolen last night.

So I am on the hunt now for a fuel tank that was as nice as that one was.
Looks like the 37 is the same as the 43 far as I can tell.

Been looking up the stencils to finish the paint - I can find decals but I don't want no stinkin decals. Larsen only had the medical cadaceus in stencil.

Will finish the overhead cross's tonight and get laying out the pattern for the roof white and cross. - when I am done walking home that is.

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW. My wife doesn't believe that she was sitting in that M43 at the pig roast. SHe says great job.

Sorry about your car- Hope they catch the perps, and let you chain them to the front of the 109 to pull it to the GA rally............

Oldfart

Now there really is another gapping hole in the rear end as well that was close to getting done. Fuel tank was in my car that was stolen last night.

So I am on the hunt now for a fuel tank that was as nice as that one was.
Looks like the 37 is the same as the 43 far as I can tell.

Been looking up the stencils to finish the paint - I can find decals but I don't want no stinkin decals. Larsen only had the medical cadaceus in stencil.

Will finish the overhead cross's tonight and get laying out the pattern for the roof white and cross. - when I am done walking home that is.

This kind of S**t makes a guy really angry. I went to the farm this morning to help Ghostdriver on her day off. We discovered the shop refrigerator had been cleaned out (again). No beer, no sodas, no cold water. Then we discovered someone had slashed a perfect near new canvas on one of our M105's. They opened several of our new never been opened camo netting support pole sets and spread them around taking some of the stakes. The shop is just a few feet from our houses on the farm. Some pervert wandering around our yard in the middle of the night. ~~~ Tanks are the same.

zout

Car found - located - hauled off by a scum bag towing service that wants $300 plug $15 for everyday afterwards for storage till I go personally check (no one else can legally do it) then verify all is wrong or ok - then the insurance agent has to either file a claim or release it paying the tow for whatever it might accumulate to.

GOOD NEWS - Deb put rental car coverage (she is my agent) on the car so I have a rental car till 700 miles is up.
She is going down tomorrow with ORDERS to check the back seat for the fuel tank FIRST and **** with the car - it will be what it will be - but I need that fuel tank.

Got home - ran to the rental car place with her - got the car - came back home and headed to my baby M43 as she was crying for my tender effections - got the cross's painted above the windshield and the rear measurement for the roof cross scribed out - tomorrow is another day.

Oh yeah - here are those cool strap ends that are brass all shined up minus the brasso hand polish labor

Attachments

zout

thieves stole the car while breaking into other stuff in this neighbor hood last night - Dekalb Co LEO recovered the idle car in Decatur and now it is sitting near Conyers Ga. Thus the tow bill.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Car found - located - hauled off by a scum bag towing service that wants $300 plug $15 for everyday afterwards for storage till I go personally check (no one else can legally do it) then verify all is wrong or ok - then the insurance agent has to either file a claim or release it paying the tow for whatever it might accumulate to.

GOOD NEWS - Deb put rental car coverage (she is my agent) on the car so I have a rental car till 700 miles is up.
She is going down tomorrow with ORDERS to check the back seat for the fuel tank FIRST and **** with the car - it will be what it will be - but I need that fuel tank.

Got home - ran to the rental car place with her - got the car - came back home and headed to my baby M43 as she was crying for my tender effections - got the cross's painted above the windshield and the rear measurement for the roof cross scribed out - tomorrow is another day.

Oh yeah - here are those cool strap ends that are brass all shined up minus the brasso hand polish labor

I REALLY don't want to be the one to tell ya this Zout...but those brass strap tips are supposed to be subdued...either OD or flat black.:cry::cry:

zout

One can of Brasso later - and a half pint Crown - sitting in front of my blower working away on them to look great
AND NOW YA TELL ME:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

another half a night tapping the straps all off just so I can "subdue" the tips of the straps - another half pint of Crown - plus laquer thinner to clean my brushes - uuuuuuugggggggggg

anything else I might do as a moron you can think of I will clean that I should leave alone. (dang they look nice though)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
One can of Brasso later - and a half pint Crown - sitting in front of my blower working away on them to look great
AND NOW YA TELL ME:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

another half a night tapping the straps all off just so I can "subdue" the tips of the straps - another half pint of Crown - plus laquer thinner to clean my brushes - uuuuuuugggggggggg

anything else I might do as a moron you can think of I will clean that I should leave alone. (dang they look nice though)
Well...you can always use the CAMO standard answer when some a@@wipe questions one of our vehicles...

"Well ya see, THAT particular Commander, of that particular unit wanted it that way"!

And ya know what? There's alot of truth to that statement!:beer:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks