• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldfart

I have often wondered that myself. This is the same on all the M37 variants. My thoughts have run from some sort of shipping hold down to an attachment point for something like a boom where you did not want to load the springs, just the wheels. I have never found any TM that referenced a use for the slot on the spring bolt bracket. (And I have been messing with these since 1963)

Oldfart

My mentioning the spring axle bolt bracket was the same for all M37 variants made me remember the frame and springs are different on the longer wheel base variants. Not only is the M43 frame slightly thicker material, the height of the frame channel is slightly larger as is the web portion. Front springs for most variants are the same except for the telephone maintance truck which as more leaves. There are several rear springs used depending on the application. Sticks in my mind the largest number of leaves is 13 on the rear.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Patience my friend

Shoulda hooked up the towbar and took Dave for a ride!
Kenny take a chill pill :arrow: Dave will be riding shortly.:beer:
Just look at the difference in work done by a slug in over two years (me)...pic one.:arrow: and the work done by Dave..(a good troop) ..in about 90 days...pic two.:oops::oops:

Running power pack is on stanby..just gotta figure out the logistics.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave has done more in 90 days than I have in the last 6 years on my M108. I can't say anything.

zout

Do NOT get me started on Bellsouth/ATT = they just left and I stand speechless how idiotic them union folks are. Enough Said.

Get the heart pills out and stand by for some awsome pics. FIRST - my thanks to Tigger coming by for some BBQ chow and hog sloppin with some pig tongues done on the grille. He was a great supervisor and I am sure I do not need to mention to some - thsi individual surely needs adult supervision at all times and should not be allowed to handle pointed objects or spinning tools.

Here are some pics - I almost thought this was PB's swapped out 43 changed out overnight on me - that ole PB is sneeky.

Attachments

zout

Oh yeah - my new grandson with Deb and my PIA 4 grandsons cooling off - first pic is the last of yeesterdays work - remainder of todays work.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great!

What is the white circle/dot infront of the red cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.