• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
rofl

I figured I might have to toss the front wheels back on if this sloooooow poke does not get the front brakes done by "injection" time - can always roll er forward a tad bit - I know I am not allowed to run powered objects - so hitting anything is not a possibility - but then again I fall a lot.
Bobcat - HEY - !!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention that big arse stump I needed shoved outta the way :D - and then there are those two piles of wood chips still lurking around :D :)jumpin:)

I am hoping to get something set up and finished before the troopers arive - Its a surprise for ya all down there - even if you don;t like it - you will have to be the one to remove it - cause I plan on putting in on permanent.
Tell me what ya need Bro...should I bring the backhoe??

When we (CAMO) show up...we do the deed... whatever that takes.

It's a rule!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK. Heres the scoop. Several years back a friend bought an R2. In the back was a crated engine. It was supposed to be a running pullout. It was plucked from the back of the truck and sat beside the building. That is honestly all I know. The truck met an untimely death by the roving scrappers so this and maybe a rim or two is all that is left. I can bring it with me to the rally for an honest inspection if you M37 type would like.

zout

The fuel tank is back - cleaned and professionally lined - will try to get a pic of it tonight when I get home.

All 5 new NDT tires are in with new tubes and flaps - I will take a pic of these as well so you can drool over them - means I have to get the other 2 off and fire up the ole sand blaster again. Depending on PB's time frame I might hold off breaking down the rubber yet.

zout

Here is the fuel tank - the inside was very well done and professionally done. Veterans (cannot loose with that name) Radiator Service did the work here in Atl. I took the mirror to the inside and I see no flaws what-so-ever inside that would start to deteriate the lining.

These guys also did the radiator a few weeks back and it looked awesome as well.
Try to get the tire pics tomorrow or thur night - its about 105 out and humidity is pegging the needle. But EH - I might go down and get the tank in anyhow.

Lets see - get the tank in or show ya tire pics - auaauaauaaua easy one for me.

Attachments

zout

Just had to do it - missing the tank strap bolts to connect the straps - missing the fuel pick up screws Otherwise this baby would be installed. Also missing the angled piping to the fuel fill area as well off the tank - gotta go hunting for parts.

Taking the brake shoes to get relined tomorrow - have to order the front wheel cylinders from John up at Midwest Military.

Tire pictures later for ya - they smell like new RUBBER - I would add a scratch and sniff to the tire pics when I do them for ya - but I do notaua know how to add that.

Attachments

onegmjack

Good looking tank,that going to be a Nice M43 when you are finished.Keep up the Great work Dave.Just kidding about the tires,I have never got to use the picture poker.Dwight

zout

The powder coated rim will get painted - the remainder of the rims will get sandblasted/primered/painted when done.
These are directional Power King tires - when it snows in GA - these have the mount points for studs rofl. These are some great looking rubber.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just had to do it - fill area as well off the tank - gotta go hunting for parts. missing the tank strap bolts to connect the straps - missing the fuel pick up screws Otherwise this baby would be installed. Also missing the angled piping to the fuel
Taking the brake shoes to get relined tomorrow - have to order the front wheel cylinders from John up at Midwest Military.
Tire pictures later for ya - they smell like new RUBBER - I would add a scratch and sniff to the tire pics when I do them for ya - but I do notaua know how to add that.
What happened to that stuff Dave?? Was it removed here?
I need to know.

zout

It may or not have been with the truck down there ?? Everything that was in it is in the pictures above I laid out minus the crank I did not set out there.

I will try to find screws locally at ACE - the fuel fill pipe from the out side to the tank is not here. The mount bolts for almost everything under the hood appears MIA as well. All fine thread bolts.

I can always work on picking up the bolts locally as I go.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That pisses me off.
That truck was complete when I bought it.
Tell ya what. I'm just gonna crank the other M43 again to make sure the engine is good and bring you the whole truck!

Take what you need from it, you have worked to hard here to be BSing around now!

I will make sure you have what you need Bro.:beer:

Last edited:

zout

PB brings me that 43 and he may not get it back looking the same - I will just look at what size the stuff is and go get it & start fixing his up.

My effort on this is what it is - had nothing to do with our deal on this 43.

You can pretty much tell how far this one is - just needs some of the misc stuff - no big deal - it is a Project after all.

Danger Ranger

I have a question, as per my usual....obviously you have those wonderful PowerKing tires, but will there be a set of NDT (or ndcc's...you know what I mean...) I know you wanted this as a show vehicle that can be climbed in and used, so I wonder what side of the line you were going with on the tires.

Great job, Zout, lets see some more.

PB, I have never seen you so mad. It must be the viking side of you....lol. :shock:

zout

DR - nope - I think I am going to pretty much stick with these just to listen to some folks bitch how non original it is.

Like I tell some folks - I take donations and I will buy a original set NOS tires for it - all ya gotta do is send me the $$$$$$$ - but I hold the right to use the funds for some other thing on it. I do not asker permission - I do not ask how or why - its mine for now and that is just the way it is.

Otherwise PUAR. Folks will be mostly blinded by the Red Cross anyhow and just want to touch it I imagine. Others that want to nit pick over it - go see the boss cause you will not like how I handle the conversation.

Gotta love great hardware stores - I like ones that have everything imaginable in them and you cannot find a dog gone thing by yourself unless you just happen to stumble on it. Was just over there getting the fuel tank hold down bolts and I think I have the right fuel pick up screws to get that on tonight. Just love that hardware store.

There is another member here a while back I made a deal on over some vehicles - I got them as they were with no expectations and I leave my deals as they way I settled on them. By the time I settle - we are both in agreement and that is the end of it. I know how PB feels and it was NOT to bring up I had missing pieces - it just that I had some parts missing so that is why a pic did not show the job completed. That is it. No way - shape - manner or form do I need my friend feeling like he was obligated cause something is not there.

My friend and I made the deal - it is DONE. Finding and getting parts is no big deal - if I did not see something missing before the deal was done - TS on me.
If that 43 shows up I will fix his.

Of course I will have to hide it behind the garage and then cut in a new exit door to the back and run a new air compressor line - But EH - I like a mission.

zout

Here is what those Power King tires look like up against the unit - tire needs to go to the other side as they are directional - but - gives you an idea.

Here is a new TOY I picked up last week - gotta my Electrician neighbor to wire it in - here is a Zout flaw - I do not do household electrical - give me all the vehicle wiring ya want - no household. Its a long story. That baby outta to be able to whip those last pieces needed for sand blasting to smitherines.:beer:

Oh yeah - got the fuel tank mounted and the fuel pick up mounted in as well tonight - its only 113 down there.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.