• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

onegmjack

Dave is the master cylinder checking out ok,or did you replace it?Talked to tigger,if he calls I will drive up and see if I can be of any help to him.Maybe we will see the Dodge and Jeep at the Geogia Rally.8) Dwight

zout

I am sure Tigger would appreciate the help.

I have not touched the MC yet. I do have all the parts to get the front done tonight - the rear cylinders were ordered today from John up at Midwest and are due here before the end of the week - my rear shoes will be relined by then so I will be able to have all 4 paws back on the ground by end of the weekend.

I plan on running synthetic in the system. I will finish draining what is left straight out the lines and put fresh regular back in it and clear the lines out without hooking to the cylnders. Good clean fluid ran out the rears and those cylinders were not too bad - but I just feel safer with new at this point.

Once she is on the ground I will get to the MC and check it out. If the fluid was still really as good as what it came out the rear I expect to be able to just rebuild it. Yup - hoses as well seeing as it will be back to full pressure.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Dave is the master cylinder checking out ok,or did you replace it?Talked to tigger,if he calls I will drive up and see if I can be of any help to him.Maybe we will see the Dodge and Jeep at the Geogia Rally.8) Dwight
Ill be up at the park Fri and SAt for old Butler days with the scouts but i hope to get them up to the house for a min and help me set the body back on while i mhave them all in one place. come on up and see me.

zout

Tigger - sure hope you post those pictures of the burned up fire truck due to someone hacking into wiring that was clueless - 24v system. Just to put a CB radio in.

zout

Zout MIA on the 43 tonight. Taking a break as now my car (one that had been stolen) is kaput. Nothin related to the theft. Ole water pump took a major plunge and dumped coolant - therefore the extended damage. You cannot get off the side of the road in Atlanta no matter how hard you try. Over 200,000 does not help matters either.

Going to go look for a CHEAP pickup. Wish I had enough to stick in a CUCV.

This will NOT delay any action on the 43 nor the jeeps - those funds are set aside and I will walk instead of using any of those.:beer:.

No pissin & whining from here - just part of life.

Brake cyl's and shoes for rear should be here tomorrow along with that stencile for under the hood advising me to prop it up like the moron I am.

Danger Ranger

All this means is that the 43 will have to be your daily driver....better hurry up! haha.
It is all lookin good Zout, hope to see some more progress soon.

zout

Yes - it had burlap backed linoleum in it when it was disassembled - but all deterioated.
Squirt Truck advised Battleship Lin was heavy duty and burlap backed - it was just a litle too far out of my price range and accessible at this time - I will be able to lay it over this once I can get my paws on it whenever. The Battleship stuff is also burlap backed as he mentioned above.

zout

Personnel Heater for the rear will go back in this weekend - this will not be made functional as someone that use to be assigned to these units gave me horror stories of these heaters. I needed more phycological help due to this - more than I usually go for.

Finish up a couple tid bits in the back end as that is all is needed at this time and it is DONE minus medical equipment relevent to the era to purchase for it.

Tigger is supplying a IV for it - that will be cool.

Have the stencile for the inside hood to get sprayed in later today.
Have the TOP SECRET surprise for PB to get done as well - this should be done by this weekend. For me - this will be the best of all the hard work.

Rear shoes are re-lined - hopefully when I get out of work the rear cylinders will be there - if not - they will be there Monday. Then the new rubber gets mounted on and brake system gets its inspection/testing.

Oldfart

Given our cold climate, we have been pondering about heaters for GD,s project. Years ago I picked up a NOS personnel heater, but I too have heard stories about that heater. Some more things to consider after we get it running.

zout

OF - I hear from a first hand source and I have no doubt and no hesitation on the incidents he advised me of.

Heater is in and hooked up but I guarantee it will never be activated - it does look "pretty" though. The intake access screen for the controls is also cleaned up and installed.
The floor access panel to the fuel pick up and sender is installed.

The creepy under the hood - do not drop this hood on your noggin is sprayed in.

PB - this one is for the CAMO group - like it or NOT - it stays and I am proud to have it on my bumper.

Any critisim - go pi** up a rope cause I do not care. It is for my fellow brothers and sisters at CAMO and for them only. Once they become the guardians once again of this 43 - they can do whatever they want with it.

I will not begin to explain the tell tale signs and remnants under items in the flooring of the ambulance. Cigarette burns in the cushions may have been that last soldiers smoke. It is in honor of them that I did and still trying to do my very best to bring er back to life.
The bumper - I do not need to explain to anyone - its for me.

Attachments

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
IV will be comming but im getting a little suprise from a friend to sent to you, so im waiting to send it all at once![thumbzup]

zout

front brakes adjusted - tires mounted - spare as well cleaned up and mounted on. I kinda like the profile myself - really nice looking tread.

Being directional tires - that means If I want to go backwards I have to reverse all the tires and them reverse them again when I want to go foward rofl
Besides that - I needed to be physic and know which way to mount the spare directional tire for whatever side I thougth would go flat first - so it would be mounted correctly.rofl

Rear brake cylinders will no doubt show up tomorrow - that's ok caues its my day off and will get the rears done now - before I mount the tires I will spray that rubberized undercoating I have just because I will have a little more room wiggle my fat arse.

Will get the rear floor header screwed in and the bottom door latch blocks put in. That should do it for now till I get my paws on medical supplies to chuck in there.

Once the back brakes are done I will get onto the master cylinder / bleeding - Deb is really good and holding the pedal down when I have had to bleed brake systems - somehow she "gets" the concept (one step at a time).

OK - here is a good question:
Neither brake cylinder has left or right stampings on it nor did the ones that were on there - this is the same for the rears. I see no difference in the cylinders UNLESS there is an internal difference. Either will mount perfectly to the other side and the brake lines mount the same to either one - WHAT is the difference in them ??

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.