• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So it was written...so it will be done...and thanks Zout![thumbzup]

I will try to get her this coming Wednesday, get an inventory of what we need and then::grd:

zout

zout

Everything I have that was in the rear I will put out in front of the garage door under tarp - it is within range of the .40 calibre so I am not worried.

She should be sitting pretty to snatch it right up from where I have it sitting now. That big hole in the power line is filled up so it is a straight in flat drive & turn around.

I will stick a SKybitz gps tracking unit in it (somewhere) in case it falls off the flatbed and gets lost. I see a cookout trip to CAMO for us in the future 8 ball when I shake it.:not worthy::not worthy:

Oldfart

If I had worked that hard on that M43 and made it look that pretty, people would have to pry my cold dead hands off the steering wheel to get it! And I would insist I be buried in it!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If I had worked that hard on that M43 and made it look that pretty, people would have to pry my cold dead hands off the steering wheel to get it! And I would insist I be buried in it!
I certainly agree Oldfart, Zout has turned a sow's ear into a silk purse which folks say can't be done![thumbzup]
I also know that Zout is very capable of rebuilding and installing the engine and whatever else needs to be done.

We, CAMO simply want to help a Brother and I can assure you that Zout will be present when the "Heart" is transplanted into his M43, plus we will all have bellies full of excellent eats that day.

Part of the bargain Zout and I made was that I would make sure he has whatever he needs...whatever that takes. It's just that we have everything here and Zout is about 150 miles away.
This is the best way I can think of to do that and Zout has agreed to allow us do our small part for the mission.

It's a team effort as are ALL CAMO missions...we are just that close to each other.[thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

PB - if the troop has emptied that blue 55 gallon drum and the caps are on it - swap it out with a FULL one sitting in the same place you picked up the other one - leave me the empty please. 55 gallons of diesel - I do have a little Power Service I threw in there for safe keeping.
My contribution to at lease cover some fuel - If you need a hand kart left out there let me know -

I highly doubt I could flip an engine in for a lttle while by myself - I have a problem with one of my protrusions off my left hand extended limb I fubared up the other day. Me seeing a doc is not an option.

I can count on a couple fingers of how many folks I trust - PB is one of them since the first time I met him. There is only one thing I am materialistic about and it is an item in my gun cabinet - the rest is just "stuff".

I would be proud once it is done and seeing how the GA RALLY is so close - and to let PB work on it when possible - for the CAMO group to bring it to the rally to show it. Meaning nothing else will be posted on it till it shows there.

I leave for only one week to go fishing and when I come back POW! this 43 looks new! I want to thank you for keeping up with this and showing us this all, It makes me want to finally crack down and fix up my old truck, I hope to do as good a job as you have. great work and Keep it up.[thumbzup] Oh and I do hope your thumb gets better.

Ghostdriver

OK, so when your new engine goes in, I fully expect to see videos posted of YOU there at the startup squealing and clapping and banging on the steering wheel. :beer:

zout

Squirt Truck seeing as the compound is not my DZ - check with PB on a fire up party or engine stuffing shindig. I'd like to see you before the rally and watch you check it out up close.

GD - I try not to have expectatioins till the party is over and all is said and done. Just too many things to quench the spirits. But she will be in great hands down there.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Squirt Truck seeing as the compound is not my DZ - check with PB on a fire up party or engine stuffing shindig. I'd like to see you before the rally and watch you check it out up close.
GD - I try not to have expectatioins till the party is over and all is said and done. Just too many things to quench the spirits. But she will be in great hands down there.
SquirtTruck you are welcome anytime!!:beer:

Attachments

zout

I did get the master cylinder rebuild kit in ups delivery today when I got home - and it was screaming at me to go down and get strated on it - who am I to argue.
Got the drivers side mirror and stem in also - wish the MC was that easy.

No pics - just a story.

zout

I want to thank OldFart and Squirt-Truck for helping me yesterday with some technical information.

I am not that smart to be able to help folks back very much - but thanks for taking your personal time to assist me.

That help is greatly appreciated - it gets me one step closer to the finish line.
:beer:

Oldfart

I want to thank OldFart and Squirt-Truck for helping me yesterday with some technical information.

I am not that smart to be able to help folks back very much - but thanks for taking your personal time to assist me.

That help is greatly appreciated - it gets me one step closer to the finish line.
:beer:
Zout,
If you need more info than that, let me know. There are other sources as well. ~~~ That kind of help is what this site is all about.

zout

Did get the master cyl rebuilt last night. Piston travel with the parachute style seal on it does clear the first forward resevoir hole but does not enter the second fartherst hole. When the piston retracts - the seal does clear the first hole once again.

Bore cleaned up very nicely and very fast - seal surface looked really great - just had to brush with the brake hone a couple pass's.

I did use a very thin sheet of copper to insert the piston to clear the very sharp lip that retains the metal washer. There was a rubber one with this kit - but it was too think to use (per the instructions SQ and OF helped with)

Won't be able to install it today and bleed as I am headed up to Dingers to get his float bowl back on the Onan 28700 Microlite Generator. Its been off since just after the pig roast due to crap in the fuel and nothing added to the fuel to stabalize it. This outta be fun.

Should be able to finish up the brakes on the 43 tomorrow.

no pics - just vicious lies and stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks