• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming soon: training seminar for LMTV in Florida

Lmtv772

Banned
We are planning a seminar for LMTV owners and those in the market for one. We have vehicles on site on which you will be trained. We have military instructors for all aspects concerning LMTV
You'll learn what to look out for before purchase , PMCS , driving on and off road , we board the attendees nearby. It's going to be educational and fun. ( it's Florida after all with beaches within 20mins)

alpine44

Sounds interesting. What is the approximate date (month) for this?

A focus on troubleshooting the electronics would be nice. That's one of the things that seems to make this MV different from what people already know.

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
Probably January 2016
And yes, electronics will be a heavy focus. But also what to look out for when you purchase your truck.

Lmtv772

Banned
We had a successful recovery for one of our members, which would have been impossible, had that person tried to recover the truck himself.
the Instructor had to
-fill all fluids
-new batteries
-fix electrical issues whilst on the road. (truck shut down)
it shows once more how important it is to know these trucks in and out , to even attempt a recovery while driving the truck home.
That is why I always advise to have the LMTV transported on a flatbed, especially if it's the first MV ever owned.

Electrical troubleshooting will be extensively talked about at the LMTV seminar.

OktobrVega

This is very good for us FMTV owners future owners.

But without spare parts out there yet, or if ever. Thats what makes this vehicle scary to consider buying or driving.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. If you'd like, I can send out the details of the seminar to the people on my Central FL Events Mailing List. Please keep me posted. :)

Lmtv772

Banned
Gentlemen, I think it is a good idea to use this post to update on the Seminar , so subscribe to it :)
We have some very exciting things in the works

dalej

It would be a great get together but I live in Nebraska and the only way I would go to it is to drive my LMTV. I know for a fact that my wife would say... your kidding arn't you.... there's no way!

In January, the first 600 miles would be the hardest and then we need to return.

Question... How many LMTV owners do you think are in the lower 48, that drive them regularly?

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
I know of a couple that are driven by other members
But we have 4 M1078 and an M1088 at the academy, which will be used for the seminar. The idea is to get hand on training, and if you like one, you'll be more than ready to drive it home.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would go for sure, being a recent purchaser of a 2003 M1078A1 here in Wauchula, FL with plenty of electrical problems. Finding parts has been very difficult or even manuals specific to the A1.

infidel got me

It takes 20 min. to get to the beach if you live on Hutchinson island lol. I would be interested in attending, how much is the cost, and is it a one day class -- I know things are still being processed
Thanks,
WILL

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks