• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Comm shelter?

ojsdna744

How many of you have shelters for the back of your duece? Any pics? How do you go about loading or un-loading the shelter? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

wpzimmer

Comm Shelters

There are a couple of places that have pictures posted of the S-280 and other shelters and related stuff.

1: Look at the WWW.Wenzlau.com site. They are manufacturers of a number of different types of this and related equipment. They have some pictures and data.

2. Google on "S-280 Electrical Equipment Shelter" and you will get a bunch of hits for equipment and manuals. Some better pictures here including some mounted on Deuces.

In my active duty days the Air Force (and probably Army, too) had a kit known as the 407L Loading Set. It contained 3 GripHoists , cables, bed adapters and some other bits and pieces with which one could drag an S-280 onto of off of a Deuce bed. A 3 man operation, but lacking a crane, an effective method.

WPZimmer

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the S stands for small! LOL I have an S-318 that goes back and forth between trailers and my pickup. I usually load it with the wrecker but since I'm dripping in hydraulic oil right now, I won't be using the wrecker until the line is replaced. Pics attached.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Perfect timing. I am intersted in finding a shelter too, but getting it one and off worries me. What do you guys do to make the interior livable?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: S-170

GRM-23D which is a modified S-280 to be an electronics repair shop. Making it livable> add air conditioning, battery for lights, whatever you like. Never seen a toilet in one. A standard cot fits nicely between the workbenches.

quickfarms

Interior modifications are a personal choice

For me it was a electrical including lights, bed, fridge, microwave, heater, AC and porta pottie

Removing or loading it in the truck is accomplished easily with a little cat

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks