• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Comm shelving in 1008

BobM

I have what I guess is comm shelving in the back of my 1008. It has a power cord running up front and shelves in the back. I'll take pics later when my camera batteries recharge. Since I am going to use my 1008 as a pickup I will be removing this rack and the power cord. What should i do with 'em once I get them out? :?:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am interested in a radio rack of a certain type - post pics of it and if it is for a GRC-206 radio set, I'll pick that up from you. If it's for the VRC-12 (most CUCVs had the VRC-12 set installed in them), I wouldn't be interested, but perhaps someone else here is.

BobM

Re: RE: Comm shelving in 1008

maddawg308 said:
I am interested in a radio rack of a certain type - post pics of it and if it is for a GRC-206 radio set, I'll pick that up from you. If it's for the VRC-12 (most CUCVs had the VRC-12 set installed in them), I wouldn't be interested, but perhaps someone else here is.
Here's a couple of quick shots. As you can see, it is still in the truck.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Comm shelving in 1008

Yup, standard VRC-12 series radio rack. Was used for other radio types as well, it's pretty common. There might be someone in here who is interested in that rack/power supply if the price is right.

aboonski

RE: Re: RE: Comm shelving in 1008

I would be interested in seeing one of these racks with the radio equipment that was used when this truck was on active duty! I am also somewhat interested in the rack because I have two M1008A1 trucks with everything but the rack and power cord. I live so far away though!

BobM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Comm shelving in 1008

aboonski said:
I would be interested in seeing one of these racks with the radio equipment that was used when this truck was on active duty! I am also somewhat interested in the rack because I have two M1008A1 trucks with everything but the rack and power cord. I live so far away though!
Well if I still have it on our next trip down to Fla maybe I could bring it to you. We would have been down there this next week but we used those vacation days going after the M1008.