• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Commence Operation Deception or a FUCV

treessw

That is cool!! Dont forget to pull the carpets, radio and A/C, but leave the heater.
The colors turned out real nice!!!:beer: There is a Honda Accord on NS Norfolk that is painted CARC "style". Think he used the same kind of paint you did.
Isnt that the truth! What about all the door seals and around the windows? Should atleast rip a few of them out and poke some holes

100acre

If it does'nt have a printed circuit board then buy me a new one so you can take my old one and tear/discombobulate the copper connecter points with some bad screw in bulbs.:cookoo:

Last edited:

plym49

Looks good, maybe your Ford will survive the apocalypse with all our Chevys. One suggestion however is to lose the chrome exhaust tip.

ormgott

Excellent! Glad to see I'm not alone in my madness!
My 90 Ranger is on track for slant-back and paint this year.
Started a thread in the bodywork section ("To CARC or not to CARC")re which 686 paint (CARC, housepaint or Gillespie).
Looking forward to learning a lot about details from the great folks here!
Are you doing anything suspension/engine wise?:beer:

cucv1833

That looks cool.
I have seen a CUCV clone Bronco at Ft. Polk Army base. It was painted in 3-color woodlen pattern. No Pics though :(

Anyway looking good[thumbzup]

Excellent! Glad to see I'm not alone in my madness!
My 90 Ranger is on track for slant-back and paint this year.
Started a thread in the bodywork section ("To CARC or not to CARC")re which 686 paint (CARC, housepaint or Gillespie).
Looking forward to learning a lot about details from the great folks here!
Are you doing anything suspension/engine wise?:beer:
Not at this time.
When I was young and full of energy I always had awesome 4X4s. Now I'm content to putt down the beach and look for pretty sea shells.

The only thing on the list is to rebuild the rear Track Loc and add some sort of limited slip in front.

And most important, FIX THE A/C!.

I will be following your thread. Good luck.

Got her back

Some how my son ended up with my bronco.
He then sold it to my son in law.
Son in law bought a new to him jeep.
And gave the Bronco back to me :-D.
But it now looks like this.
bronco.jpg
It was worse, the front tires were 2 sizes smaller than the back.
But we can rebuild her, make her better than before.
Just hope it don't cost six million dollars.
More to come.