• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Communications radio for deuce?

Hoxman

Another question.....

As you know, when riding in the Deuce, you have to scream to speak to each other...

Is there some standard communications radio, like in airplanes and helicopters that the Deuce is set up to use??

If so, where can I get one installed and how much are they running?

(It's not like I don't enjoy the quiet time with the Mrs. to be, but when you do want to talk, it's not easy!!)

Thanks!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
VIC 1, while the technically correct item to use, there are alot better civy unit out there that have alot less moving parts to go wrong.

steelandcanvas

A used VIC-1 system runs about $300 with 2 headsets. Emmado is correct, lots of moving parts, cables, connectors, etc. More to go wrong. Qual-Comm is a good civi aviation brand, don't know the price though.

steelandcanvas

I would secure a piece of plywood to the back of the cab tub and mount your intercom pieces there. Lots of rooom to add 24 to 12 converter, stereo, etc. Headsets could hang from a piece of stiff wire looped around the soft top frame. These are some of the projects I want to do when funds permit.

deuceaid

Banned
One other thing I forgot to add, what ever you do, make sure the head sets and intercom are compatible. I am not talking about a the plugs themselves, but the ohm rating of the speakers in the head sets, You cant just throw any headset onto any intercom. This pertains mostly to civilian stuff, if You get a total Vic 1 system, most everything should work fine, but You cant always put normal (like a stereo) headphones into an air intercom etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks