• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Companion Seat Refurbished

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have started on the interior aspect of bobbing my Deuce. I am doing the exterior in Rapco 383 Green (Camo) but I will do Rapco Olive Drab Semi-Gloss for the interior since I like the finish better. I started with the companion seat. Blasted the frame and ordered a set of canvas seat covers from Jatonka.

I had a friend (84 years young) who has a wealth of upholstering experience, and he showed me a tip to make things go easier. First we covered the existing seat and back cushions with an additional layer of foam. Prior to covering, he cut up a plastic dry cleaning bag and covered both cushions. This allowed the canvas material to slide easily over the cushions and made the job so much easier. I have attached a few photos and will follow-up when the driver seat is done.

Attachments

AceHigh

Heavy, if you really want to get banned from the house, just wash a bunch of M1 Garand stocks in her dishwasher. Never mind I bought the thing! BTW it takes about 4 months for the dishwasher to return to white inside.

Thanks for the upholstery tip. :jumpin:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh Yeah! I'l l run right out and do that. The place is not our home but our bunk house for guests. I have baked headers, painted weapons parts, brake shoes and other projects in the oven but we cheaped out and didn't install a dishwasher. Good thing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks