• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Companion Seat Refurbished

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have started on the interior aspect of bobbing my Deuce. I am doing the exterior in Rapco 383 Green (Camo) but I will do Rapco Olive Drab Semi-Gloss for the interior since I like the finish better. I started with the companion seat. Blasted the frame and ordered a set of canvas seat covers from Jatonka.

I had a friend (84 years young) who has a wealth of upholstering experience, and he showed me a tip to make things go easier. First we covered the existing seat and back cushions with an additional layer of foam. Prior to covering, he cut up a plastic dry cleaning bag and covered both cushions. This allowed the canvas material to slide easily over the cushions and made the job so much easier. I have attached a few photos and will follow-up when the driver seat is done.

Attachments

AceHigh

Heavy, if you really want to get banned from the house, just wash a bunch of M1 Garand stocks in her dishwasher. Never mind I bought the thing! BTW it takes about 4 months for the dishwasher to return to white inside.

Thanks for the upholstery tip. :jumpin:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh Yeah! I'l l run right out and do that. The place is not our home but our bunk house for guests. I have baked headers, painted weapons parts, brake shoes and other projects in the oven but we cheaped out and didn't install a dishwasher. Good thing!