• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Complete deuce winch mounting bolt list

rolling18

awesome info will be dooing this SOON!
YES!! ALMOST finished installing, completed the PTO install (slow)
now all I need is to install the pto driveshaft!!!

anyone know the what size the 4 bolts are that bolt it to the PTO flange???

then I get to figure out how to make the adjustments and fine tune the linkage..
TIPS???

and i need a PTO lever data plate.. what do they look like?

thanks!

wsucougarx

I've got a dataplate you can buy...but you'll have to buy the truck to get it;-). As far as the linkage is concerned. Lock out the PTO engagment handle into the hinged floor bracket, make sure your PTO is in neutral, then just adjust the linkage until you can freely put the pin in.

wsucougarx

Here's what you need for the PTO engagement lever. This bracket locks out the handle in the NEUTRAL position. When you go to shift the PTO into gear, you simply rotate the lockout place via hinge;-)
Saturn Surplus

Called the "winch control lock"

Attachments

rolling18

Here's what you need for the PTO engagement lever. This bracket locks out the handle in the NEUTRAL position. When you go to shift the PTO into gear, you simply rotate the lockout place via hinge;-)
Saturn Surplus
thank you I got that lock out part with the engagement handle part of the kit..
i was needing the data plate so I would know what each positions is, and espically if someone else drives/ needs to use the winch:driver:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
anyone know the what size the 4 bolts are that bolt it to the PTO flange???.....
3/8"-24 x 1"

then I get to figure out how to make the adjustments and fine tune the linkage..
TIPS???
and i need a PTO lever data plate.. what do they look like?
Pics, below....

G.

Attachments

rolling18

Saturn Surplus

Called the "winch control lock"
I made a similar device out of a door hinge to "lock" the hi - low lever into hi position works great!

JCKnife

Bumping a very useful thread, and adding a pic: this is what $80 worth of 11" bolts looks like. Really after installing I think 10" would have worked, but no harm.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
................Really after installing I think 10" would have worked, but no harm.
Well, the original bolts actually are 10-1/4" for the 1/2", and 10-1/2" for the 5/8", respectively. But not always that easy to find...

For better looks you can always shorten them, or install a second lifting bracket, underneath the bumper...;)

G.

Attachments

treeguy

Real quick, I think I might have said 11" if you were going to install the shackle mounts like Gringeltaube is showing above. Also, if you do, you will need to trim the exposed threads near flush with the nuts to get a bow shackle to fit without jamming into them.

I'm glad this is helping some people! Keep up the good work!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

JCKnife

In hindsight the 11" bolts from MSC are rusting quickly. They are the only bolts on my bumper assembly rusting. I think I am going to go back and see if McMaster-Carr has 10" bolts with zinc coating or more protection. Hate to waste $80 but lesson learned.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
In hindsight the 11" bolts from MSC are rusting quickly.
Did you paint them? I am going to clean/epoxy prime/paint mine, hopefully I won't have this issue.

JCKnife

No I primered the bumper and extensions but have not painted yet. The black bolts from MSC are the only ones rusty after maybe a month and a half?

I'm going to order these instead:

LineQuantityProduct
ShipsUnit priceTotalDelete1packs
91257A501
Grade 8 Alloy Steel Hex Head Cap Screw Zinc Yellow-Plated, 1/2"-20 Thread, 10" Length

today$9.68 pack38.72
2packs
91257A838
Grade 8 Alloy Steel Hex Head Cap Screw Zinc Yellow-Plated, 5/8"-18 Thread, 10" Length

today10.38 pack20.76

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks