• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Composite decking for troop seats?

Merc1973

Has anyone used any composite decking for troop seats? Some companies make green as well. The cost for new fiberglass troop seats (boards only) is about $300+ shipped from stephan wood products. The headboard on my Deuce is already fiberglass the but seats are rotting.

Woodsplinter

I think you will find it is not "stiff" enough. When used as decking it requires joists 12" to 16" on center for support. Go to the home center and handle a piece of it to see what you think.

This has been discussed many times here and it turns out fiberglass or hardwood are really the only viable options. Not really cheap, but you will only need to do it once.

Hardwood with a coat of good primer and exterior paint will hold up a long time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks