• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compressor wrenches are here!

JDToumanian

Nice! The handle seems a little short, but hey - That what pipe is for, right? ...or maybe that wouldn't be needed, I don't know. I've never loosened my compressor belt... cause I uh... never had a wrench for it!

Jon

rdixiemiller

These were made from a tracing of an original GI wrench, courtesy of L7. The wrench fits one way only, and will engage every 90 degrees. I tried it on my truck today, fits nice and snug. My parts truck engine has 3 coats of CARC on the engine, and I had to wiggle it a bit to chip away the paint and get it to fit on. I am going to put them on a deburring belt sander and break the sharp edge in the flats before I ship them.
Neat tool, I can see that it would make the compressor belt much easier to adjust!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one from John Souza many years ago. His was a copy of the same military wrench opening but he left extra material all over the wrench and made it with a longer handle. It's a very nice wrench.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless your pulley is stuck you will not need the extra length. If it is stuck, have fun! With that said, I do like the extra length I have on mine but it sometimes gets in the way.

FreightTrain

Banned
Might roll on over there next week some time and pick one up in person since I only work about an hour away the deepest darkest jungle of Anniston.......

rdixiemiller

Pics of wrench in action

Tried a few wrenches on my parts truck engine. Here is a pic showing how it fits. There is room to back the bolts out about a turn and a half and still fit the wrench. These fit nice and snug on this compressor pulley, they look good!

Attachments

rdixiemiller

RE: Pics of wrench in action

I've sent out PM's to all who expressed interest in these wrenches. If you want them, fine. If you have decided you don't, that is still fine. Looks like the first 20 are already spoken for, I'll have 34 coming in next week. I'll have them at Aberdeen if anyone wants to get them at that time.
Thanks for everyones support!

Regards
Robert

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got mine today. They are a work of art. No burrs, fit great, cheap and now painted green! :wink:

rdixiemiller

I'm glad y'all are pleased! There was just a tad of laser slag in the middles, so I put them on the dynabrade belt sander to clean them up. I think they look good! The one I kept fits the pulley tight enough that I can let go of it and it won't fall down into the radiator! Sure makes tightening that belt easier!
I still have a few left from the first batch, if anyone needs them they are still $25 delivered to your door (in USA)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks