• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Concept pics

K45

I was wondering what yall think. It is my 79 that I am using this mach up for the off chance some day I get a m1009. What yall think. The green thing in the back is a swing away gerry can (using a swing arm spare tire carrier) The black squar in the middle of the top is going to be a 6" deep ultility box on both sides. Not drawn in is on the slant back on the driver side is a highlift jack or pioneer rack. The back slant back will be a vinyl or canvas roll up top or eventually make a lift gate like the humvee slant back. The fenders are also trim but the hummer tires are not shown that would be on it. Those are just 32" tires. This is all done on crude on microsoft paint. I could do better with better software. Let me know what you think. I know what the purist are going to say.

concept 5a.JPG

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could make the slamt back- the whole topper, out of steel.. also put a roll cage. #1 would be air conditioning..

K45

my inspireation is the slantback humvee and the RG-32. There are 2 of my favorite vehicles. This k5 does have ac I just need 2 missing lines from the compressor to the condensor and recharge. I really would like to maintain the fiberglass top and insert the metal ultilty box and then fiberglass build the rest of the slant back. All of this is just ideas nothing has been done.

Jones

There are some pictures on the internet of aircraft and tanks with a digital camo pattern so you may just be on the leading edge of things.
The biggest factor between good looking and 'what-the-heck-is-that? is the pattern's pixel size. You may get a better "look" by going down in scale. Check out the patterns on this F-16 and the warehouse and you'll see that the pattern size is pretty close yours; but on a much larger object.

Attachments

Last edited:

B3.3T

The British Army in West Berlin used a similar camo on their armoured vehicles in the 1960's. Looked pretty cool.

K45

o yeah ignore the camo it is a gray truck now. That was a color experiment 'I did a year ago. I agree smaller pixels but it was a test and we used clothing and scaled it up to get whats on there it is little to big I tihnk next time 1" squares. Thanks for the pics. I was mainly trying to get the idea of the mods not so much the paint. :razz: but thanks for that insight as well.

I think it looks OK .. but you're the one that has to satisfied, if you like it doesn't much matter what anyone else says.
I do agree that you might like a smaller pixel, I think I would.

Here is a free program for graphics you might find helpful.
Google Sketchup .. you can do 3D with it and a lot more, let me know what you think if you try it.

http://sketchup.google.com

Regards,
Rick

IRWFO

K45 - I have been thinking about your slant back M1009 since you posted this thread. Today while working on photos I came up with this version for mine. I love photoshop and I have too much time on my hands. :-D

Attachments

K45

Thats really sweet. I would make the slant go down toward the tailgate a little more. When I 1st thought of this idea I wanted to see what it looked like on an actual cucv I took yours and did the slant and front bumper trim. I will post the pic Monday

helishredd

I think it is cool and innovative. The beauty of such a truck is to make it into whatever you like and not blow mega bucks (like 65 Vette bucks).

Before I clicked it, I thought it was real!

K45

Very cool. Funny thing is my photo must have been passed around. I received 2 emails yesterday both asking for more photos of my slant back.:roll: :?:

I love the internet.:wink:
sorry about that. this is my 1st time posting the pic of yours. I also wanted to see what the front bumper would look like if it was trimed from the shackles out, kinda like the hummers just having a frame rail to frame rail bumper.

IRWFO

Nothing to be sorry about. When I was making my photo I was wondering if anyone would think it was real. If there is an interest I might make a few.:p

gt1009

I think that would look awesome! If you do end up doing a digital camo job on it I'm sure many others on here would love to see it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks