• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Confirming proper glow plug manual setup

br44

Hello
I am planning on setting up a momentary on switch for my m1009 so i can manually control the glow plugs. this is the method i am planning to use.

1. cut light blue wire from GP relay under dash and connect to manual switch.
2. run a new wire from other pole on switch to a good ground somewhere on car.

this supposedly would complete the circuit and heat the plugs as long as i held down the button.

what i want to know is this.

1. will i be in complete control of the plugs, or will the relay still work (automatically heating the plugs)?
2. will the wait light still come on?
3. if there was an emp burst that cooked the GP card, will this bypass still light the plugs?

also is that 12v or 24v going to that relay under the dash?

thanks

cucv1833

Dont cut the blue wire. Run a new wire to your switch from the blue wire on the relay or spice into it. And the other side of the switch to ground and your done. If you leave the blue wire intact everything will work normal and you can use the button as a back up if needed.

Follow this diagram. The 12v feed is optional. Do some more searching theres a thread on this everyday.

Attachments

Last edited:

br44

I am no expert, but I believe if you cut the wire you will have use the manual button to warm your gp's. If you splice the wire your vehicle will work as normal and the button is there for emergencies. I spliced mine.

Manual Glow Plug installGlow plug module removal
so that means i want to CUT the wire. i never did like that automatic business. i like it the way it was on my pop's old tractor. i'm used to pushing a button.

cucv1833

so that means i want to CUT the wire. i never did like that automatic business. i like it the way it was on my pop's old tractor. i'm used to pushing a button.

You still dont have to cut any wires. Mines on push button only. I pulled the Glowplug module out and I did everything in the diagram i posted. Im using AC60g glow plugs. I turn the key on and push the button for 3 seconds 3 times each for a cold start and the truck fires up everytime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks