• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Confused!?!?

Daneil

MFD UNKN, MDL: M35A2, CARGO TRUCK, SN: 0625-10230, 6 X 6, DIESEL FUEL, WITHOUT WINCH, 2. 5 TON CAPACITY, 10, 921. 7 MILES, 0493. 2 HOURS, WITH BATTERY, WITH CONTINENTAL, 6 CYL MULTIFUEL ENGINE, OVERHAULED 2/ 92, BUYER LOAD.

Is it diesel only? I know that Continental, white, hercules so on and so forth are multi's. Is this GL goofing in the right up or since it was overhauled in 92. Did they make it a straight diesel. This is the one I just won. Before I start hording UMO to run in it and get a buffallo to store the UMO. I would like to know. Any thoughts?

scooter01922

I'm sure they just bypassed the fuel density compensator. Its a multifuel and you can still burn whatever you so desire. Sure someone more seasoned will chime in with some serial # info.

acetomatoco

If the fdc has been bypassed, usually on a Tooele rebuild, there will be a tag "Diesel Only", but it will still run on other stuff, albeit not cleanly. Don't get hung up on the term Multifuel, as 95 percent of them run on Diesel all the time. Some folks in the civvy world mix in some other stuff, kero, old engine oil, turbine oil, red home heating oil, etc.d The VIN indicates that it is truck 230 of the 0625 series humbly explained in detail elsewhere on this forum..not to panic, that is a more detailed description than most GL offerings.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Confused!?!?

Daneil said:
Oh yeah, with the serial number. Can anyone tell me where it's coming from so on and so forth.
The truck was contracted in 1973 so it's a 1973 or a year or two newer. AM General was the manufacturer. Melog or DDoyle could tell you more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks