• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Considering a Bobbed Deuce but FIRST....

neil2007

Hello Fellow Steel Soldiers!

(First a note: This is not intended as a For Sale posting, just to gauge the interest of an idea... :-D I am hoping by posting in this forum I might catch the attention of someone who may not actually be looking to buy, but whom might be in a position to benefit from this idea as well...)

I'm considering building a Bobbed deuce All Terrain camper/Toy Hauler. My dilemma is that I own a Rare all Original Gasser 530B Firemaster un-restored and would be a very good vehicle for preservation. Can be viewed at http://530B.letsgettwisted.com Only thing(s) it needs is an exhaust/intake manifold and batteries. I know the whole history of the vehicle and have it all documented.

The dilemma is it is in good enough shape that I can not bring myself to completely destroy whatever historical value it has (and I know some think the notion of historical value being silly because the military never really kept records as to the history of a specific vehicle by vin # to be able to prove any of it's history, so there is really no value in some eyes) but I am one of those who does believe in it having some historical value (even if it's not a monetary value). So independent of any conversations we could have on historical value or not, here is my question :

Is there any serious interest in trading deuce for deuce? What I am looking for is a basically a running/drivable DIESEL Whistler Deuce cab and chassis w/title that would serve as a foundation for my project. My hope is that someone who is looking to own and preserve a piece of history, may be in a position to where a swap like this would be beneficial to both of us.

Yes, I could just modify what I've got, but I'd PREFER not to throw another piece of history under the chopping block. :")

Any discussion on this is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Neil

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My hat is off to you for the approach you are taking. I hope that it pans out as planned.

My only suggestion would be to change the title to something that better reflects the idea.

neil2007

Thanks... I struggled with the title, but maybe the edit I just did will help others get a better grasp of my idea before reading it!

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Neil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks