• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Console / Stereo Installation?

BLK HMMWV

Funny you link your details to a historical club when the modifications go against anything remotely historical to the year of the vehicle you installed it into.
Most historical clubs try and keep the vehicles they represent as original as possible.

Not sure how many HMMWV's came from the factory with kicker speakers do you have the NSN # for them.

Jnicks805

Funny you link your details to a historical club when the modifications go against anything remotely historical to the year of the vehicle you installed it into.
Most historical clubs try and keep the vehicles they represent as original as possible.

Not sure how many HMMWV's came from the factory with kicker speakers do you have the NSN # for them.

Yes the NSN # is 5555555......

Ya ya ya, you got me! I did make it as close to bolt on as possible and only had to tap a few screws, so can remove if I ever wanted to pretty quickly. Just sharing the option for those who are looking for a solution, I think I did a **** fine job for a dyi-er! :)

kdaniels

While I am amazed at the good quality work that goes into the application of a sound system....I think it's kinda like installing a radio in the engine compartment of a greyhound bus. :) :) ;)

SEMPER FI !

keith

BLK Beast

I'm wrapping up getting my HMMWV back together - and am looking at trying to install a stereo and speakers (likely just a bluetooth receiver - not complete stereo). I was going to install a bluetooth receiver in a gauge pod - but saw pictures of this from Midwest Military. It would solve my stereo and speaker problem - plus give me cup holders. I've contacted them about the console - but haven't heard back.

It looks to be built around a radio tray - bu I can't tell. Has anyone done something similar? I'd like to either buy something like this or build one - trying to figure out how.

Thx
-D
View attachment 667875View attachment 667876

BLK Beast

1. Chief_919 - any pictures of that setup? I thought about using ammo cans - but am looking for pictures of a good setup. Ideally - I'd like to get a box big enough for something like that Boss BT receiver, a couple of reasonably-sized speakers, a small locking Glovebox , plus a phone charger / USB.
  2. Whistlepig - I like that setup too. What kind of box is that? Do you have pictures with the speakers added?
  3. Carrera911 - thanks for the pics - I'll have a look at your earlier posts.
  4. Jeffmcclan - I looked at that setup. I like the idea of the dome light - but am not sure I want everything else up there. I have thought about just building a similar console - with limited equipment - so it's more water resistant. If I went that route - I'd put the BT receiver in a gauge pod and mount it like the factory tach. I really don't think I want the speakers up there though . . .
Thx D

BLK Beast

Thanks. I've already got a radio tray to start with . . . I think I'm going to fabricate something with wood / cardboard and then talk to someone about making it from aluminum or sheet metal . . .
-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks