• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Constant 12V pwr supply....

hooyahdiver

Wiring up my trailer lights- still. Need a constant 12v source to run to the 7 pin connector. Anybody know of one? The directions say run the wire to the battery which won't work because they're X2 12v batteries in series. Where's the step down transformer (or equivalent)? Or is there a constant hot wire? I got the multi-meter out there and went through all the circuits of the fusebox with no luck. However, I was having trouble getting a good ground so it's possible I missed what I was looking for. Thanks ahead. I know if anybody knows, you guys do.

jimm1009

You can also hook it to the OEM terminal strip on the firewall.

The is just to the right of the wiper motor on the left portion of the firewall.
If you are still 24 volts the resister board is connected to it. It has two studs of different sizes. This is 12 volts and there is a hot (non keyed) tap in hte fuse box to plus one or two keyed taps as well.

If needed I can take a picture of mine but it very easy to find since it has the outboard lead of the resister board hooked to it.
This is where they turned 24 volts back into 12 for the rest of the truck.

jimm1009

AJMBLAZER

What jimm said and there's also the diamond shaped thingy near the master cylinder on the d-side of the firewall. 12v in and 12v out. I've run a bunch of constant 12v wires off of that on both of my Chevy's.

hooyahdiver

Thanks. I finally finished it up tonight after working on it 10-20 min at a time for the past 2 weeks. I ran a wire off the forward-most battery to a 30amp circuit breaker to the brake controller. I found a terninal in the fuse box with an "always-hot" 12v lead for the AUX PWR to the trailer plug.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks