• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact Truck Exterior Work Lights. (M1031)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, I'm looking for ideas on lighting the contact truck up. I currently have some inexpensive side mount LEDs on the box but looking to expand.

Right now I have a 24" Ibis Tek HID bar that I'm planning to use along with a pair of Whelen Pioneer floods. I still have route clearance lights too, floods traps and spots, but am hesitant to use them as the are huge.

I really want to keep everything at or below the contact boxes level. I'm also improving my light tower that we used at the GA Rally a couple of years back. If you have pics of your work, I'd sure be open to new ideas.

CUCV_ut

Hello

I've had a few minutes to work on my contact truck this fall. I decided to put two Betts work lights on the back of mine. They are about even with the roof and rotate all over, even towards the sides of the truck. The are par36 bulbs, so I just bought some LED replacements for the bulbs and now they run on 12 or 24 volts. They have a switch on each one and are very weather proof.
20170111_125343.jpg20170111_125405.jpg20170111_125415.jpg
I have one of the Go light spotlights on the cab roof of the truck. It has had mediocre results. When I bought it and hooked it up the voltage converter board that let it run on 24 volts burned up. I just bypassed it and went with 12 volts. I recently bought a dome to go over it as I think it's fairly delicate.
20170111_125509.jpg
I was thinking about mounting two of those route clearance lights on the top front of the box, but they do seem pretty heavy to be mounting to the aluminum. I recently bought some Grote Trilliant LED lights that seem nice. I'll probably add them to the sides of the truck. These had the nice swivel base.
light1.jpg