• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

continental 602 part #'s x-ref?

area52

Well it looks like the M246 will be mine next week as soon as the money for my deuce comes in.

I plan on replacing all the belts/hoses/filters since its been sitting so long.

Does anyone have or know where some civilian part numbers are for:

belts?
radiator hoses?
fuel, oil, air filters?

I would like to have all this stuff before starting the project instead of running back and forth to the parts store.

Since this is just a big gas engine, is it ok to just use 10W30 oil in it?
What about the power steering fluid? is ATF ok to use in these boxes?

thanks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: continental 602 part #

10w or hyd in the power steering, ill look up the orignal numbers in my g-744 book tomorrow so you can cross to new numbers

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

heres is what i found on the numbers

oil filter, 2 needed mpc-sa12800-2, or ihc-114929hx

fuel is a cleanable element, (on my gasser m52 this element was trash so i used the houseing as a big trash catcher and installed a spin on big fuel filter with the spin on mount, this filter had a water drain on the bottem, painted it od green, you would not know that it was not orginal.

air filter is a cleanable oil bath, both the oil pan and the filter material are removeable so thay can be cleaned

fan belt, matched set of two ihc-98582r11
air compresser belt ihc-98961r1

hoses , there are six, five are staright hoses that can be brought from stock, one is a curved hose, i wont give the number for the stock hoses, but the size and aplacation
thay are as follows
the curved hose---ihc-10206r1--elbow, engine water inlet
all are 3 ply thick
1 3/8" id x 4 1/4" ---thermostate by pass
1 3/4" id x 3 3/4" ---to front and rear water outlet headers
2 1/4" id x 3 3/4" ---water inlet header to pump
2 1/4" id x 4 3/8" ---radiator outlet
2 1/4" id x 6 1/2" ---radiator inlet
i would guess that the curved hose is also 2 1/4" id

hope this helps

Jimmy

Wade,
Glad to hear it is working out for you on the wrecker. Here are the numbers that I used and could find. Napa oil filters #1021 and rotella 15w40 oil, carquest gen belts #TR28570 and 10w hyd oil in the P.S. unit.
Jimmy

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron big thanks for the hose size post! It is amazing what you can find in old posts :doghead:

m139h2otruck

Oil filters are big by-pass filters from Hastings (LF103) or WIX (51021). Strongly suggest using 15w-40 diesel/gas rated oil, TSC has Rotella or their own store brand on sale all the time. Takes at least 22 quarts so buy 5 gallons in a pail and two one gallon jugs for topping off and oil use (ours uses some oil no matter what you do). Be prepared for much gas use!!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you find a hose that works...............post the PN's
VT I bought at a truck parts store the hoses as outlined per Ron's specs, we cut them in the field based on the old ones. I have replaced the easy ones so far. It looks like the manifold will have to come off to get to the front ones. I will post some pictures of what I have replaced easy and what I am worried about.

What hose are you looking to find?