• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

continental mystery crate motor

So my grandfather passed and he had a continental flathead six crate motor in a trailer he was going to try and drop into his old brockway that had a 427 with a cracked piston. The brockway is long gone but the motors still there (its stuck from sitting) and we (me and my oldest brother) want to know what it is. Eng.blk.num. is 884800 serial is 205. Told it was like a 407 or 409 but I cant tell.(it is for sale in case you were wondering)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Military trucks only used overhead valve Continental engines, but many many forklifts and generators (mil and civi) used flathead Continental Red Seal engines. Somewhere else on the engine should be the engine model number, starting with a letter such as F, M or B, followed by the displacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks