• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Control cubicle front panel MEP 003A

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, can somebody help me please?

Having had experience, is there a method of transferring the stud fasteners on the door latch of the front panel across to a replacement new panel? Re: TS6115-585-24P/5 (3 in total)

Stock number for this fastener/door latch is 5325-00-599-8854 69-694-8 (30554)

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to forfeit these or what have you all done in the past?

Thanking you greatly, Kevin

jamawieb

You'll need a small torch and small punch.

Take everything off the panel and remove with the studs in place. I use a vise and small jig to hold the panel and stud at the same time. Heat the stud and then hit the pin with the small punch. You can also just hold the panel with the vise as close to the stud as possible then heat and hit the pin with the punch. Just be careful because there is a aluminum bushing that the stud rotates in, that transfer to the new panel and you don't want to mess it up. Also on the pins; one side is larger than the other and if you hit it and it doesn't move, then just hit the other side of the pin.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you so much, Chainbreaker and Jamawieb for the information on the panel and especially on Dzus fasteners. Completed the job this weekend.

What I did was I cut the old panel about 2" larger all the way around the fasteners, and took it into the shop and was able to heat the shafts and remove the pins. When things cooled down, I transferred the aluminum bushings over to the new panel, and then installed the shaft with locating pins. The best method I found for re-installing the little pins was to have a very small socket to receive the pin and using a pair of vise grips was able to slowly push them back in and center them into the primary shaft.

Thank you all again for your help and guidance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks