• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convert M49A2C to M35 troop/cargo?

rmvivas

I need some advice re:M35's and the cargo/troop bed.

I've been trying to find a decent M37 as a work/knockaround vehicle but other than one at my mutual aid fire company, I can't find any locally.

I figure until one comes along, perhaps a nice M35 would hold me.

I'd like to acquire a nice M35 but the only thing I can find available locally is a bit heavy on rust.

An associate of mine is willing to make me a deal on a vehicle that just acquired (he has a scarp yard).

It's an M49A2C w/o winch in highway department livery. Other than the paint (it's yellow right now), it seems all original and in good shape. Almost no rust.

The problem is that it's atanker and I want a troop/cargo vehicle.

Can I simply fork the tank body/pump unit off the chassis and drop a cargo/troop bed on it or is there some issue that would preclude that?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
the beds will swap. you may be able to sell the tank to someone in construction or a fire department.

also, the m49 should have a tcase pto (a good thing in my book)

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Where are you located at?

I have a nice Deuce cargo box complete with troop seats/side racks and bows laying in my yard if your looking for one ;-) I also have the canvas cargo cover I got with it, but I never had it on, so I don't know the condition if it. I doubt I'll ever do anything with it.

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
If we knew where "home" was - some of us may be willing to trade a cargo for the tanker -and perhaps pay a little boot.

Regards,
David

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will find somebody to trade you a whole M35A2 for a M49A2C. That will save all the work of swapping parts :wink:.