• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converted Gasser Guage Panel

randyman

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had or knows where to find a guage panel for a gasser converted to multi-fuel that I could buy or trade for (I have some extra Solargizers and slave/jumper cable end connectors). The converted gaser guage panel is smaller than a regular multi-fuel and has a different layout (I think a small guage in between the speedo and tach). I think they also used a holder for the tach that mounted tto the bottom of the dash if the panel wasn't replaced. Thanks iin advance for the help and all the great info I've gotten from this site.

lavarok

BUMP - anyone else out there with these? I want to know if there are any around collecting dust just waiting for a truck before I spend some coin having a couple machined.

If not, then I have a guy lined up to make me a few out of aluminum next week. The more I have made the cheaper they are, so if anyone else out there is interested - PM me!

Thanks.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ian, if you get no takers then don't worry about getting them cut if you need just one, keep the one I sent. I doubt that I'll ever need it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm kind of confused, The early gassers had the speedo and after modification had the tach mounted under the dash-usually. I THINK the one in Lavarok's is a milti panel (larger one). A pic of the one you need would help (at least me) alot.[thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim, I sent him an NOS one like the one he posted a pic of. It fits in the smaller hole of the gasser dash but has enough holes for the tach. Some came with this panel and others had the tach below like you pointed out. I wished I had that panel when I repowered the 108, would have loved to keep the factory dash.

nhdiesel

So the dash gauge panel size is actually different between the converted trucks, and the multifuels? I have an early 60's that was later converted to multifuel, and it just has the speedo in the dash, tach is mounted below the dash. I would love to swap to the newer style panel, but it sounds like its not that simple.

Jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct, the opening for the instrument cluster is smaller on the gassers. You can either find a panel like I sent to Ian, or replace the entire dash (not hard) with one that has the bigger opening. If you go that route, there is a support that goes from the dash to the firewall on both sides of the dash. You will have to mod or swap the one on the drivers side.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I was thinking the odd gasser panel didn't have the small gauge in-between the speedo and tach and just had the 4 gauges below them. oops...

lavarok

If I get them machined, they will be made from aircraft grade aluminum and anodized. The price will depend on the total number cut, so if your interested send me a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks