• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converted my gauge cluster

csramsey640

Note #1 do not attempt this unless you have tons of patience and tons of time.

I removed the instrument clusterfrom my 86 m1008, and installed one from a civi GM that has gauges for oil pressure, water temp, and alt. In place of the clock, I added a second alt gauge.

They all work fine, however its far from a plug and play. A few of the wires crossed color to color, a few others changed color between factory harness and pigtail, and I believe the 4x4 light wire, had to be re-wired altogether to another terminal. Also changed the sending units for water and oil.

I always hated dummy lights. Id rather see, or atleast be fooled to believe that I have oil pressure.

csramsey640

:oops: Ill get some pics posted asap. Well my wife will, because I have no idea how to get them from camera to computer. :lol: Ill even see if I can create a diagram.

CompoundCuckVee

I concur I'd love to see some pics! I've been thinking about this since I got my M1009, I figured it would be a chore, but I'm with you, I'd rather see a gauge then a bulb. You can at least get an idea of what's happening under the hood from behind the wheel.

truck0590

I also would love to do this. Diagram would be awesome. I have a gauge cluster with a tach that I've been holding on to in order to one day figure out how to hook it all up.

Truck

Mike_Pop

:ditto:

nopics

I would also like to see pictures and a diagram. I've got a few gaugues that I would like to swap out on my dash as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks