• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converted van trailer to flatbed ?

m.walker

Alright I've searched all over on here and I give up ! Someone took an expandeable van trailer , took the body off and made a flatbed out of it with a beavertail and ramps . Whoever did can you post pics or PM them to me ? I think they only posted one pic if they have more I'd like to see them please . Others are interested as well , Thanks Mark !

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Eric cleaned out all his extra trucks and parts to build a house. You might be better off sending him an email at his website, miltrucks.com.

Miltrucks

Re: RE: Converted van trailer to flatbed ?

gimpyrobb said:
Eric cleaned out all his extra trucks and parts to build a house. You might be better off sending him an email at his website, miltrucks.com.

Yup - He's right on that one. I've been away for a bit working on the house and site plans, but actually timing is great as I just really logged back into things yesterday.

Here are a couple pictures of the trailer. Dovetail built out of another deuce frame attached to the rear of the expandible trailer. Front left alone with the fold up dollys. Bed added and then stake pockets and rub rails over entire length. Fold up ramps on the rear that fold over to the proper height to hold "long" objects on the trailer. Front ramps detachable to get things up on step deck. Roller fairlead on front to run rear tractor winch through straight or angled to load trailer with.

Overall works great, pulls great behind the M48 and "looks" right overall. Was set up for hauling another deuce on the bed, but works great for forklifts, and other assorted pieces of equipment as well.

Attachments

gmayor

RE: Re: RE: Converted van trailer to flatbed ?

Thanks for posting the pictures, I have thought about it many times since seeing it in person a month or so ago.Still haven't gotten to work on the heaters yet.george

m.walker

RE: Re: RE: Converted van trailer to flatbed ?

Thanks thats a really sharp trailer ! I've been wanting a flatbed and that would work perfect , Thanks for the extra pics ! Mark

Mike_Pop

I like that idea, someone could even build one into a bumper pull for a deuce..
I did this with an M117 trailer. I welded a tongue from an M353 and added a beaver tail to make it 28' long. It pulls nice and with the single axle, it has a great backing radius.

And by the way...it's for sale.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks