• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting a m932a2 tractor into a bobbed truck

SSGM1TANKER

I have found a tractor and want to Bob it and put a bed on it, my question is the tractor version a better starting point since its already shorter then cargo/ troop carrier? All help and opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks all.

SSGM1TANKER

OK, maybe I was unclear! I have the option of buying an m932 (tractor with a fifth wheel set up) my question is this? Is it better to start with this truck as a bobbed project since its frame is already shorter then the (cargo/troop carrier version)??? I have no pictures to share as of yet. I'm trying to gather info before I buy this (tractor) version??? I'm really looking for some good advice I hope I've explained myself a little better?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have done it with both trucks,If you are going to use a trailer bed a tractor is fine.But if you want to use a cut down deuce or 5 ton bed you might want to start off with a cargo truck,that gives you a bed.

Cleptomaniac

Here are a couple pics I have saved. Don't know whose they are...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349190219.385476.jpg
This one I saw in real life.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349190275.083483.jpg

And this one is my friends here in OKC
We are doing now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349190337.615375.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349190354.363921.jpg
Not bobbing it but it is a deuce bed. Don't have to cut it down!

rrrr

My truck is the second picture. I would say a tractor would be easy by just removing the middle axle, spare tire and storage and put a deuce bed on it.

Here's more of a side view. I'm very happy with the truck.

Attachments

treeguy

RRR, what bed is that that you used? That canvas looks like it fits great! The reason I ask is that if one was to trim a deuce bed, (which yours looks a little different) how do you deal with finding a canvas that fits?

jw4x4

I did something similar, the main difference is I used a shortened 5 ton dropside. I still need to locate bows, seats, and a cover to shorten. I love me some tructor!!!!! No need to bob, it's short enough as it is. I certainly prefer the 3-axle look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks