• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting a m932a2 tractor into a bobbed truck

SSGM1TANKER

I have found a tractor and want to Bob it and put a bed on it, my question is the tractor version a better starting point since its already shorter then cargo/ troop carrier? All help and opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks all.

SSGM1TANKER

OK, maybe I was unclear! I have the option of buying an m932 (tractor with a fifth wheel set up) my question is this? Is it better to start with this truck as a bobbed project since its frame is already shorter then the (cargo/troop carrier version)??? I have no pictures to share as of yet. I'm trying to gather info before I buy this (tractor) version??? I'm really looking for some good advice I hope I've explained myself a little better?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have done it with both trucks,If you are going to use a trailer bed a tractor is fine.But if you want to use a cut down deuce or 5 ton bed you might want to start off with a cargo truck,that gives you a bed.

Cleptomaniac

Here are a couple pics I have saved. Don't know whose they are...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349190219.385476.jpg
This one I saw in real life.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349190275.083483.jpg

And this one is my friends here in OKC
We are doing now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349190337.615375.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349190354.363921.jpg
Not bobbing it but it is a deuce bed. Don't have to cut it down!

rrrr

My truck is the second picture. I would say a tractor would be easy by just removing the middle axle, spare tire and storage and put a deuce bed on it.

Here's more of a side view. I'm very happy with the truck.

Attachments

treeguy

RRR, what bed is that that you used? That canvas looks like it fits great! The reason I ask is that if one was to trim a deuce bed, (which yours looks a little different) how do you deal with finding a canvas that fits?

jw4x4

I did something similar, the main difference is I used a shortened 5 ton dropside. I still need to locate bows, seats, and a cover to shorten. I love me some tructor!!!!! No need to bob, it's short enough as it is. I certainly prefer the 3-axle look.