• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting M923 over to Transmission Fluid

Csm Davis

Thanks Jeff for that info! Do you have any recommendations for a particular 15w40 brand??? Also in these types of vehicles & transmissionswould be advised to stay away from the synthetic oil?
I don't recommend 15w40 but if that's the way you want to go i would use a non synthetic rottela. I use 10wt hydraulic oil that has Alison approval on the bucket.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lindsey97

http://manuals.chudov.com/M939-Seri...654CR-Transmission/MTB-600-Mechanics-Tips.pdf

Read section 1-6.

I personally use Oreilly's premium trans hydraulic oil. Green bucket. I had the store manager call tech support, and their oil is 10 weight. I bought 3 transmissions new rebuilt from GL. Installed one in my M923A1. It had a tag on it from MATES in Kansas where it was built and dynoed. The tag read: USE ONLY OE 10wt. HDO.

Any oil that is Allison C-4 rated will work. Choose your viscosity according to your environment(ambient temperature) and specific use of your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks