• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting M923 over to Transmission Fluid

Csm Davis

Thanks Jeff for that info! Do you have any recommendations for a particular 15w40 brand??? Also in these types of vehicles & transmissionswould be advised to stay away from the synthetic oil?
I don't recommend 15w40 but if that's the way you want to go i would use a non synthetic rottela. I use 10wt hydraulic oil that has Alison approval on the bucket.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lindsey97

http://manuals.chudov.com/M939-Seri...654CR-Transmission/MTB-600-Mechanics-Tips.pdf

Read section 1-6.

I personally use Oreilly's premium trans hydraulic oil. Green bucket. I had the store manager call tech support, and their oil is 10 weight. I bought 3 transmissions new rebuilt from GL. Installed one in my M923A1. It had a tag on it from MATES in Kansas where it was built and dynoed. The tag read: USE ONLY OE 10wt. HDO.

Any oil that is Allison C-4 rated will work. Choose your viscosity according to your environment(ambient temperature) and specific use of your truck.