• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

converting trailer lights?

wsmith350

I know converting the trailer lights has been well covered in other posts, but I want to utilize the black out light circuits and bulb placement to gain dedicated lights. In other words have the lower B.O. light with an amber bulb for turn signals, the upper B.O. light for tail light, The main bulb for brake lights and the upper for a second tail light. has anyone combined the 2 circuits to achieve something similar? I hate to see the unused lighting options. Thanks for any help.

steelandcanvas

It might not be legal to do for a trailer placed upon the highway. I would not think enough light would pass through those tiny red black out lenes to be seen by the driver behind you. Just my 2 cents.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As mentioned above, even if you opened up the rest of the blacked out area it would be way small.

wsmith350

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but wanted a little confirmation. Thanks. My plan B was to use the existing blackout light wiring for some auxiliary LED work lights.

wsmith350

I examined the wiring for the BO lights, and its identical to the rest of the lighting. I installed a standard 7 way trailer connector. There's a port on the new connector for auxiliary power. I'll tie into that, and run a power port from the BO light pig tail in the back. I should be ok with a 12v LED light. They don't pull much power.