• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoylights, where to connect ?

Cummins_12v

Hi, was wondering about to put a set of Signal rotating beams i have in the garage, where do you guys use to get 24v for the switch, and where is the best place to put the wiring? a picture would be great :)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the instructions say to put a T ( in the kit) in the hot lead to/at the dimmer switch, then wire to the switch on the dash , then to the lights

I did mine different so that if the master switch was on, I had power to the warning lights,
I have a wrecker, though I am sure a way could be found to do it this way in a deuce

jmh4x4

I used the T connector and the dimmer switch as well, I can get pictures this weekend, its dark by time I get home on weeknights. I ran the switch wire through the firewall and just used an ordinary toggle switch as the on/off, drilled a hole in the dashboard.

Cummins_12v

dimmer switch. hmm... I live in Norway and have a M621 actually, do i have the dimmer switch? Dont think so. And where do you put the wires up to the lights, under the cabin and up in the back?

jmh4x4

I ran them under the cab along the frame to the back of the cab, then ran the wires up inside the mounting poles the kit came with. If you don't have a dimmer switch, then I guess I would just piggy back off the hot wire to your headlights, or turn signals

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the dimmer switch for high/low head light beam is the push button on the floor board, up to the left of the clutch pedel, in Norway, it may be called something ealse

Last edited:

Cummins_12v

ok, i woul look on sunday if i can work something out, but wich is the hot cable on the light switc, or do i see it when i got under the dash, think all cables are black?

M813A1

Look at your maintenance manuals it will have the wire numbers listed in the wiring diagram !! That will tell you which wire is the Hot wire !!

DieselBob

I did mine a little different. I ran a feed from the magnetic start relay to a mil style 15 amp circuit breaker mounted next to the factory breaker. I wanted to keep the convoy light electrical on it own circuit.

steelandcanvas

I did mine a little different. I ran a feed from the magnetic start relay to a mil style 15 amp circuit breaker mounted next to the factory breaker. I wanted to keep the convoy light electrical on it own circuit.
Not a good idea to put any more load on the 3 lever light switch. I like DieselBob's idea, a few more parts, a little more work, but well worth the trouble-free service for years to come.:beer: