• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cookout Canceled

zout

Usually I have posted about the cookout at the end of April.

I am sorry to say for this year it will not take place. I see for a spring break out Andy has a thingy going on in mid Feb which is awesome and I salute them for putting it on.

Anyone that really got why we put it on to just share with you folks might get it - but for the last year chit has hit the royal fan to where those alternatives have not taken place. Our intentions to hold this was just to share and not but ANY burden on anyone that just could make it and have some fun.

The Zouts have loved sharing - but this year is going to have to be a pass - hope you understand. If you do not - all the projects I have done and whatever I earned from them was turned around to hold the cookouts - not all of it cause the rest went to help my kids and grandkids.

Andy has a gathering and TimTrucks I am sure will hold his so there are other alternatives and I hope you are able to partake in their endeavors.

Last edited by a moderator:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad to hear, though I have never "attended" in the physical sense. "Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do." I believe is the quote from John Wayne. Hope and pray your spring is wonderfully full of family, fun, and adventure!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well poop...and the guys were so looking forward to it.:-(

Oh well...I understand fully and I know how much you have helped "the squirrels" and the rest of the family.

God Bless Brother!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Goose Story
Next fall, when you see geese heading south for the winter, flying along in "V" formation, think about what science has learned about why they fly that way. As each bird flaps its wings, it creates uplift for the bird immediately following it. By flying in a V formation, the whole flock can fly at least 71% farther than if each bird flew alone. Perhaps people who share a common direction can get where they are going quicker and easier if they CO-OPERATE.

Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it feels the resistance of trying to go it alone, and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of flying with the flock. If we have as much sense as a goose, we will work with others who are going the same way as we are.

When the lead goose gets tired, he rotates back in the wing, and another goose flies on the point. It pays to take turns doing hard jobs for our group. The geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

Finally, (get this!) when a goose weakens or is wounded and falls out of formation, two geese fall out and follow him down to help and protect him. They stay with him until he is either able to fly or until he is dead. They then set out alone or with another formation until they catch up with their own group. If we had the sense of a goose, we would stand by each other like that.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear that Z. You and Z2 take care and we'll see you when we see you.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Goose Story
Next fall, when you see geese heading south for the winter, flying along in "V" formation, think about what science has learned about why they fly that way. As each bird flaps its wings, it creates uplift for the bird immediately following it. By flying in a V formation, the whole flock can fly at least 71% farther than if each bird flew alone. Perhaps people who share a common direction can get where they are going quicker and easier if they CO-OPERATE.
Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it feels the resistance of trying to go it alone, and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of flying with the flock. If we have as much sense as a goose, we will work with others who are going the same way as we are.
When the lead goose gets tired, he rotates back in the wing, and another goose flies on the point. It pays to take turns doing hard jobs for our group. The geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.
Finally, (get this!) when a goose weakens or is wounded and falls out of formation, two geese fall out and follow him down to help and protect him. They stay with him until he is either able to fly or until he is dead. They then set out alone or with another formation until they catch up with their own group. If we had the sense of a goose, we would stand by each other like that.
That's a very good story and most of the Georgia Mafia has already offered "lift" in anyway needed.
I would gladly fly point from my location (CAMO HQ's) but that would add around another 100-150 miles for the folks up that way who usually attend the cookout at the CAMO North AO.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a very good story and most of the Georgia Mafia has already offered "lift" in anyway needed.
I would gladly fly point from my location (CAMO HQ's) but that would add around another 100-150 miles for the folks up that way who usually attend the cookout at the CAMO North AO.
PB,
I realized that no perfect replacement could be had. Just intended to remind folks, and to encourage Zout & Zout2 to be ok with the pointman dropping back in the formation for a while. Though the lead goose may be rotating back, the flock will fly on.

Although I have never personally attended any of the organized functions that you great leaders have orchestrated, I have enjoyed following the threads and (with a bit of envy) been inspired to overcome distance to attend one in the future. Thank you to all who have incited these festivities. You are a blessing.

goldneagle

Well poop...and the guys were so looking forward to it.:-(

Oh well...I understand fully and I know how much you have helped "the squirrels" and the rest of the family.

God Bless Brother!
Well maybe now you can come down here for Tim's rally. We missed you down here. (at least I did). I can bring sammiches and moonshine cake.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well maybe now you can come down here for Tim's rally. We missed you down here. (at least I did). I can bring sammiches and moonshine cake.
Heck...that may be an option!! Maybe some of the CAMO Crew up this way and TWM from TX could crash Tim's event...guess we better get busy planning sumpin.:popcorn:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I searched and looked at Timntrucks latest threads and didn't see anything about a 2015 LA Rally so far. I just now sent him a PM to see if he intends to hold the Rally this year and if so what dates. I sure hope it's 25-27 April like last year...that would be perfect!

Not trying to rush anything but several folks will have to arrange vacation/time off soon.:popcorn:

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave,

Sorry to here that you have to cancel the get together this year, My wife and I have never been able to attend but we always enjoy the photos that get shared here. We was looking forward to seeing the pictures of the greenhouse and "C"-ment fish pond.
There is always next year.

Bert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks