• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cool Deuce licence plate bracket

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

While getting my deuce inspected today, and totally road legal paperwork wise, my local inspection station told me I had to have plates mounted. Some zipties on the front grill for the front, but for the back I REALLY didnt want to drill holes to mount plates.. So I looked around the spare parts shelves, and spied a spare pioneer tool mount, with the rear bracket... The "squashed U" one that mounts the bracket itself to the mudflap.. I was in business.. I drilled 2 holes into the U bracket for the plate and bolted it on, and bolted the bracket/plate assembly to the prexisting holes on the mud flap! Seems all the mudflaps are the same front, back, left and right.. There is a slight angle to the plate, but Im not worried.. It's part # 3 on the diagram.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very clever.......beats my zip ties rofl

Attachments

tamangel

license plate lamp requirement?

Is your rear plate illuminated at night?

Here's California's law:

License Plate Lamp
CVC 24601: Either the taillamp or a separate lamp shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear license plate during darkness and render it clearly legible from a distance of 50 feet to the rear. When the rear license plate is illuminated by a lamp other than a required taillamp, the two lamps shall be turned on or off only by the same control switch at all times.

Mike

We make a living by what we get, we make a life from what we give -Winston Churchill

vinny-socom1

Thats tuff, one of our local FFCMVPA got a law passed here in Florida so we don't have to mount the plate at all!! just keep it in the glove box. But I do like your mount!!! very smart idea!! Maybe other states can adapt something like it? Vinny

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny, beat me to it. I was going to go take a pic of my license plate in the glove box to show off my mount.