• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

COOL! I found a really goood mix for WVO fuel

superburban

Just for everyone's information, the "additive loophole" is bunk. Additives have to have the road tax paid on them too. Additives sold commercially already have the tax paid by the manufacturer. If you say you are using WVO as an additive to a DOT type, you are basically confessing.
Best advice: keep your yapper shut.

5tonpuller

The test

OK here is what I found in the first 1/2 tank use.
Does not smell like diesel any more. Some tell me because of the 50-50 mix is why it still smokes. ( I think it smokes more ) Seems to have the same power. Mileage seems a little shorter but I have to do the mpg thing. I have been using the crane a lot as of late so this could screw up the mpg thing. Every one that see me OR walks by ( at the fairs mostly ) ask what am I using for fuel. ( LOL I tell them anti matter ) The tax people know what bio smells like. Have not got the wife talked into the jar in the frig yet. :( working on that one.
Any one have any thoughts? Ideas? comments?
That's my 0.05 cents worth.
Matt

5tonpuller

Re: The test

5tonpuller said:
Does not smell like diesel any more. Some tell me because of the 50-50 mix is why it still smokes. ( I think it smokes more ) Seems to have the same power. Mileage seems a little shorter but I have to do the mpg thing. I have been using the crane a lot as of late so this could screw up the mpg thing. Every one that see me OR walks by ( at the fairs mostly ) ask what am I using for fuel. ( LOL I tell them anti matter ) The tax people know what bio smells like. Have not got the wife talked into the jar in the frig yet. :( working on that one.
Matt
ok did the frig. thing. ( rubs back of head and feels the lumps ) It does not look
any thicker then the warm stuff. Feels almost the same to the touch. Does not look to have separated. Freezer next. ( when these lumps go down )
Matt

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if it is only a matter of time before big gummint and big business make it against the law to haul away WVO without an EPA permit, and records, and accountability, ad nauseam..

ojsdna744

I'm about to start on this "blending" idea myself. Need to get the filters this weekend to filter the stuff, then it's into the deuce tank it goes........with as forgiving as the multi-fuel is, I'm going to start with 50/50 and take it up from there. A lot of the "solvent-thinning" folks swear it's cool to go 100%, but I think I'll start half/half as it appears 5ton did and take it from there. [thumbzup]

5tonpuller

Re: The test

5tonpuller said:
5tonpuller said:
Matt
ok did the frig. thing. ( rubs back of head and feels the lumps ) It does not look
any thicker then the warm stuff. Feels almost the same to the touch. Does not look to have separated. Freezer next. ( when these lumps go down )
Matt
Did the freezer thing. ( rubs back of head ) thank god the frig testing is done.
IT got a little thicker but was still pumpable I thing. But winter cold Im sure would be different. It did not take more then a few for it to thin up again.
more of my $0.05 worth
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks