• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cool picture

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the first pic IS MY XM977 what is the link to it PLEASE

the pic says it is a 5t but it is a 10t may be a 5t, the axle ends look like bjorns . though everything on it matches the pics of the xm977, i have NEV ER seen a pic of a 5t with that cab, even prototypes , the crane and bed match the xm977 pics

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i wish, missing the bed and crane. if i EVER get any $$$$ it will become a xm983 prototype tractor. right now the $$$$$$$$ is a big question about everything:cry:

i looked at the ebay pic. it does look shorter, almost like bjorns truck with my cab, looks like bjorns axles and tires,, WOW that would be a cool truck to build, using a 757 series frame and running gear and a extended kw cab over day cab. with the pic to prove that is really a mv, it would be a one-of-a-kind. if only the great MV God would allow me to win the LOTTO

the seller would not accept my best offer

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i looked at the ebay pic. it does look shorter, almost like bjorns truck with my cab, looks like bjorns axles and tires,, WOW that would be a cool truck to build, using a 757 series frame and running gear and a extended kw cab over day cab....
Yeah Ron, the axles and bogies look the same, but the spacing between the 2nd and 3rd axles looks shorter. That plug in the airtight brake drums is an inspection port.
The tires have a 100% aspect ratio compared to 70% on the xm757/m656.
The smaller HIAB doesn't appear to have any need for outriggers....

Thanks for posting CS!

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tires were specifically designed for this series and were not used on any other vehicle with the exception for some tests on the Lockheed "Twister", as far as I know. They are 16/70-20 (or 16/70R20), nondirectional, tubeless types....

Edit: Hmm...they do look similar, though..found one reference for the tires and it states 14.00-20.

Attachments

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
have you had it off road much. i wonder how it compares to man or tatra offroad
I hope to be driving it a lot this summer, starting to clear some trails for it (overhanging branches etc). Images will be posted as they become available. :)

Compared to MAN or TATRA , it's only a 5 ton and much lighter. It does not have locking diffs and that can make a difference in some cases. The cargo version swims, however, so all housings including the engine and door seals can be pressurized.

Edit: Here is an M656 with non-standard tires

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks