• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cool rc m37

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was worth watching, really neat. Need to commission him to build a deuce, M813, & M923. Great attention to detail.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
I just sat and watched that entire video. That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Amazing work, incredible attention to detail and accuracy.

Thanks for sharing. Now I'm looking at this guy's other projects. Serious talent there. I hope he works somewhere that utilizes all that skill and knowledge.

I can't find any current information on it, but when I was a kid, a guy in my grandfather's RC Warbirds group in Rialto CA had a 12-foot wingspan F4U that was accurate down to the functional controls in the cockpit and working scale double-wasp radial engine.

This kind of stuff has always fascinated me.

3dAngus

I was so stunned watching that entire video, I though I become paralyzed when it was over. This is wayyyyy over the top.

I cannot even imagine having so much talent.

Even nicer then my REAL M-37 in so many ways. A true talented professional.

Another Ahab

woah....

what was the material used? seems like it could be used for many projects.
Good question bdean666 (and you look like you might be new around here so welcome):

- looks like foam core, but it appears to be a solid instead of a "sandwich" sheet material. Never seen stuff like that.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
what was the material used? seems like it could be used for many projects.
It's listed in the notes for the video on its youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PmDWQCLWmfk):

"Build notes - This body is made mostly with 3mm Komacel and 1.5mm poly styrene sheet, glued with CA glue. Driver is pine, bumper is aluminum. Rides on a GCM 4ten leafed chassis and tcase, rc4wd K44 axles, axial trans, tekin esc and motor."

CA glue is cyanoacrylate, most commonly known as "superglue".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks