• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cool tag on my truck.

Mackafd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was cleaning the engine up a little and found my truck has a army installed rebuilt engine. the cool thing is the engine was rebuilt in Germany. has any one come across something like this. seams off they would ship a engine that far?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post a pic of the tag.

Yes, it's very common.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I have not seen any from Germany, I've seen them more often than not on most trucks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think the entire truck was in Germany and received the rebuilt engine there. Up until recently, we had a huge presence in Germany.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think the entire truck was in Germany and received the rebuilt engine there. Up until recently, we had a huge presence in Germany.
It was commen for truck in Europe to be rebuilt there, I Have a 813 that was reburbished in Germany.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably not so much that your engine was shipped to Germany FOR the rebuild.
More then likely, the engine (and the truck it came out of pre-rebuild) was ALREADY IN Europe (again, probably Germany) when it was pulled and tagged for rebuild.
Then, it was simply depot rebuilt or contractor rebuilt and.... THE REST IS HISTORY.

As has been already stated in this thread, Uncle Sam maintained - and still does to some degree - large numbers of trucks and other weapons of war in overseas theaters, ready to keep the world FREE.

God bless America !
You just don't see other nations with that much invested on a worldwide scale.
It is only because of our changing posture in those international operations that WE get to enjoy so many surplus vehicles and other former USGI property.

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks