• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cool transfer case info/ not advertising..

i have this in my M1009 removed NP 208 and installed 203/205 doubler... already have axles installed from M1008 as well... this thing rocks... Still debating on doing the 400 to 700R4 to get OD... cant do the GV due to current length of drivetrain, Lift, ( too short of a wheelbase.. Should still be able to run that setup in M1008 though... Can post pictures if anyone is interested

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 3 or 4 GM version NPG 203's in the back garage for many years now. I always felt that it would be a bad idea to scrap them. A pile of S10 208's that should be good for internal parts also. I traded half my 205's last year for some mv parts. I'm a hoarder of mv and GM parts. Never seen a garage/shed that I couldn't fill.

Ronbo

You guys that have done this , is it a lot of work to hook up linkages? I would think there would be 2 sets ..If you have pictures please post'em up... I may look for the trans cases and have them on hand to do some day..
So I take it that the 1028 has a 208 case.. any dual case set-ups with it??

86m1028

You guys that have done this , is it a lot of work to hook up linkages? I would think there would be 2 sets ..If you have pictures please post'em up... I may look for the trans cases and have them on hand to do some day..
So I take it that the 1028 has a 208 case.. any dual case set-ups with it??
I have this setup but not installed yet.
Look on their website, they have the shifter setup.
They even have a 3rd shifter to twin stick the 205.

There are some new doublers that use the 241 case but not the 208.

the Np 208 is an all in one chain, I havent heard of it being used in that way...

Budget wise.. to get the same gearing as the doubler you could just go with an Atlas II TC. but they are pricey.. (3-4g range) hence the reason i went with ORD's i have literally $150.00 in both the 203 and 205 TC from a local junkyard. i spent about 1g in ORD parts including 3 stick shifters, ( the shifters from ORD are easy to install, the instructions are very detailed,and made installation and adjustment very simple.)

Also had to get input shaft so the 203 will accept the 32spline output from 400. ( 205 is twined stick- highly recommend for the versatility ) this give full range and what all 4x4 should have..lol...The sequence is as follows... far Left stick 203 H-N-L Middle stick 205 ( Rear axle ) H-N-L far right stick 205 ( front axle ( H-N-L ) if you notice in 3rd picture im currently in 2 rear axle high.

I also spent another $450 in getting 3 custom 8" slip 1350 driveshafts made. ( using the orginial front Doublecardan shaft ) it works out that the front and rear drive shafts are so close in length, i have a complete 3rd i keep in CUCV as a Spare if needed. i also used a 2nd crossmemeber from a civil K5 for added support... I dont like the way however its currently mounted. and plans are in works to completely redo the mounts and do away with using factory crossmembers.

Attachments

Last edited:

bchesley

I can take some pictures of mine tonight. I am using the cable shifter from Northwest Fab and like it. Super easy to set up. I too had driveshafts built for mine. I went all new with my shafts from Tallon driveshafts in utah. They had the best price and balanced them on a rockwell balancer at 100mph. I know my rig will never see that speed, but having the least amount of driveline vibes is a good thing.

Brad

chevyCUCV

I have 3 or 4 GM version NPG 203's in the back garage for many years now. I always felt that it would be a bad idea to scrap them. A pile of S10 208's that should be good for internal parts also. I traded half my 205's last year for some mv parts. I'm a hoarder of mv and GM parts. Never seen a garage/shed that I couldn't fill.
Nice i hope to do the same over the next few years:p