• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cooland Tank Replacement

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, how much trouble am I asking for with these bolts?

WP_20160724_18_27_29_Pro.jpg

PB and an impact gun, or some safer way to pull them out?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Cut the bracket and weld your new tank bracket over the existing. Cause we all know with exhaust bolts. They break and become a headache.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do not use a inpact, you WILL break the bolts
Spray PB blaster, let it soak in, spray again, let it soak in, do this 3 or 4 times.
Hit the head of the bolt with about a 3 lb hammer, do this 3 or 4 times, spray again between hits (hard hits).
Try to move the bolt with a wrench, NOT a breaker bar, tap the wrench with the hammer if needed.
If no movement, start over, the trick is to get the PB blaster into the threads, when you reinstall the bolt USE anti-seize.

I had to change my tank on my 73 m819, I did it WITHOUT breaking the bolt.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow Ron's advise, a little patience and a lot of PB Blaster. Make sure you use a 6 point socket. I've gotten those and exhaust muffler flange bolts out with no problems. Lots of PB Blaster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks