• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

coolant expansion tank

motorman

hello gents,

speedt the weekend cleaning up some loose ends on my M1009.

one thing i have traced but not fixed is a coolant leak.

i have discovered that the expansion tank has a small leak on the bottom seam where the 2 pieces of injection mould come togeter.

does anyone have an idea for a fix?

can i just glue it? melt it?

any advise is appreciated.

best regards
m

blzrgb

I used a green stick of plastic, melted with my torch. A lot of guys use them to plug holes on flat bottom boats.
I got mine from the local Car Quest.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a green stick of plastic, melted with my torch. A lot of guys use them to plug holes on flat bottom boats.
I got mine from the local Car Quest.
Zip ties work also to weld the crack back together with an soldering iron.

Last edited:

jj

That expansion tank was still available at the dealer three years ago, or so. About $25 retail, as i recall. The part number should still be molded into your tank, mine was. The last four digits were all twos, sorry i can't remember the whole number right now. I've been awake for about thirty hours, and i am about to get real crabby. Post back here if you can't find the number on your tank, and i'll skin the number off of mine for you.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
. The last four digits were all twos, sorry i can't remember the whole number right now. .....Post back here if you can't find the number on your tank, and i'll skin the number off of mine for you.
I posted the number in Post #3

GM number - 14052221
NAPA number - BK6053401

jj

Yes you did. And i completely missed it. My apologies. It looks like my eyes are getting as bad as my memory: there were THREE twos. I'm gonna chalk it up to "PWE". That is, Posting While Exhausted.