• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant hose lube?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moving right along from one task to another, finding more and more work on the LDS465-2 engine.
Now, I'm past the injection pump, radiator, drivebelts, idler arm, compressor pulley and starting in on the old 2-inch coolant hoses. The projects are piling up, layer after layer. Not complaining, just explaining.

So next question, since the only way to install this particular part of the cooling plumbing involves sliding the hose onto the tube, rotating the tube into position and then slide the hose back onto the nipple on the water pump, I'm wondering if there is a suitable lubricant available to prep the tube and make the sliding part easier or even possible? Silicon dielectric compound comes to mind....
The TM makes it sound simple....

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use silicone spray on anything rubber that needs lube. Learned it from the windshield guy.

Autocar

I use liquid dishwashing soap. Mix with a little water and very slippery. Best thing is when it dries it doesn't leave a slippery residue like silicon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks