• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant Leaking from Steering Pump Stud [M1008]

cengland

My M1008 has developed a leak from what I believe to be the base of the stud that sits between the steering pump pully and fan pulley (#6 in image). The bracket (#9) at the bottom of the pump was also not attached and the bolt missing, so I assume that all of the belt tension was riding on the stud and it cracked the engine where its attached. This is only a guess because I can't find anywhere else the leak is coming from and I haven't disassembled anything yet and it's a difficult area to get a look at.

1691616631156.png

But if the base of the stud is cracked, how screwed am I?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Common issue. When I picked up my M1031, ALL the power steering pump bolts had worked loose and the pump itself was being held in by the belts alone. In terms of breaking bolts off, if it breaks off the block, not much you can really do other than weld it back on.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks