• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant light question

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The switch probably has positive power going to it, the light is down stream of it. Once the temperature limit is reached, the switch closes the contact and connects positive power to the light, causing the light to turn on.
According to the diagrams, the bulb has power to it at all times and the "switch" is the last item in the circuit. When it closes the bulb lights. So the bulb is upstream of the switch.

tankie88

Cheers for that Warthog.I found the offending item ...turned it up side down and a load of water ran out. None of the items on the board look burnt out.Will dry it out on a radiator and see if it still works.Also seen from your pics i'm missing the seatbelt buzzer from the top of the fuse box.

dstang97

Still need a little help. today I took apart the whole dash Took out the cluster and did some probing. I have a good fuse and working correctly. I took apart the fuse box and cleaned it out with elect degreaser. and still nothing. I hooked up a test light to a good ground then put it on pin 14 in back of the cluster and it does not light up upon start. So im guessing there is a problem from the pin to the fuse panel?

48cj2a

dstang97,

I'm having a Low Coolant Lamp issue. WHen you turn the key the low coolant light comes on for the test and then goes out. When you start the engine, it comes back on and stays on indefinetly.

Can you tell me the steps you took to solve your problem. I realize yours was not coming on at all so there are some differences.

48cj2a

Turns out since I swapped in a civy dash harness to gain full gauges the black w yellow trace wires were not mating. Had to remove the wire from the headlamp harness bulkhead connector and the civy glowplug harness connector and mate them separately. Works perfect now. - thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks