• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant opinions?recommendations?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So I am looking to replace my LDT-465 since its having running problems in the M61 and buy an LDS. So I will be boiling out the radiator and what not during the swap. Is there any recommendations on coolant you guys specifically run? very many cavitation problems? I will be installing a coolant filter kit with the 0 DCA filter from Napa. I know the ford IDIs have bad cavitation problems if you dont keep an eye on the SCA's so I run the Caterpillar ELC 50/50 in all my other diesels since they are good for 300k miles and to -37 below.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Can only find Rotella ELC up here at some truck stops. Walmart nor many parts stores have it. The CAT ELC is around 9.50 a gallon from certain cat places up here which is nice. The rotella and cat have the same specs I believe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks