• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant system filter

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
See Clinto, by now you could have read my article.
I wasn't a subscriber of MVM in 2005. :(

But I am now :mrgreen:

Thanks Bjorn :beer:

OSO

We used to call them a perry water filter . Has a compartment for a tablet the would dissolve into the coolant system liquid and neutralize the build up of acid in the coolant.

XJChief

How did you guys get the plugs out? I just broke my wrench on one of them...

Heating or is there another trick that would be better?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
devilman96 said:
Guys I have the coolant filters listed in my store for both SCA and non SCA filters. I also have the bases, and a kit for the M35's which have the fittings needed to tap into the engine.

Filters and base... http://odiron.com/store/index.php?cPath=8_18

M35 Kit... http://odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=8_18&products_id=499

I have a hot water personnel heater of the usual kind. seeing that this filter connects where the heater goes, does the proper installation of the entire contraption look like A or B in the diagram below?

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patrick, put the filter in parallel with the heater. Think of the pressure drops across each as the voltages across resistors in a voltage divider, in series there may not be enough pressure to "operate" either one. Fig "A" above.

XJChief

Okay, got them busted loose, mounted the bracket, so all that is left is the plumbing. Before I do that I just want to be 100% sure the hose is routed to the pump housing itself right? Kinda hard to tell from the picture. Once I get that sorted out I can go buy the fittings to attach the hoses. Sorry I'm kinda retarded... :D

devilman96

Sorry for the delay in answering Patrick, its been hard keeping up with postings lately but ditto on what Bjorn said...

I am working on putting together a cable operated heater control valve assy for M35's that would shut off the heaters flow when not in use and would up the flow rate across the filter in path A... I will let you know when I get the parts together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks