• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

coolant use

kipman

Need some help please, drove my deuce home a month ago, about 70 miles, all went well but I had checked the coolant before I left and was fine, had to add almost one gallon when I got home, what do you guys think? head gasket, thanks Kip

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'd pressure test it. Might find the leak. Are you sure you had the cap back on tight? If you start it up, can you smell coolant at the exhaust? Might have to wait till its warm. Oil level the same? Lots to look for.

kipman

oil level is fine, no coolant smell around motor or exhaust, cap holds pressure. I think that much coolant would show up someware, thanks Chris

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Any visible spots where it is leaking? If a head gasket goes, you probably would have seen white smoke from the exhaust stack. Check the oil, it will be obvious if coolant is in there.

If the oil looks good, you should pressurize the cooling system. That will tell you where the coolant is going....

Deuce head gaskets aren't difficult, just a bit of a pain in the you know where.....

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11834

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Between 150-250 for gaskets, an oil change, a coolant flush.....some brake cleaner, show rags....and if you have the heads machined, whatever that costs.